• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale Appointment absolute disgrace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just thought I'd bag the rights to this thread...

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Well if it is confirmed tomorrow, then it is an absolute disgrace because the club haven't gone for managerial experience. The only reasons he would have been appointed is because he's a suitable puppet for Perryman, and he's all for community work. Are we a community group? NO! Are we a football club who needs to get back into the league? YES!

I will give Tisdale my 100% support if he gets it, but if we end out a mid-table conference side next season, I shall be laying the blame at the door of the powers that be. I'm willing to give whoever gets the job a chance, just like I gave Alex a chance when he came in, but I do wish the club would go for management experience rather than community experience.

I have vague memories of Tisdale's time here as a player (I was only 10 years old at the time), but if he does get the job and gets us the results and gives us stability, then fantastic. Up the City!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
You don't seem to be giving him much of a chance, Sums. Maybe the shortlist wasn't great, but I'm satisified that the Panel would have made the right decision based on the right things. It might mean them going back on their original statement that they wanted experience, but it's all about results, and he needs the support of all fans in this.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I'm willing to support him and give him a chance, I just don't feel it's the right decision made. But I do hope to be proved wrong......

D

dobleman

This is crazy. Don't announce we are going for an experiened manager, and then go for a Dolan Alexthorpe clone.I hope this isn't true, but like Mr Moxey i will back whoever,but i really did want the mighty QUINN.I actually think this is a wind up and Alan Ball will return.He had left the studio by the end of the game and i thought i saw a flybe ticket in his hand, or was it a handkerchief?

Last edited by a moderator:

grecIAN Harris

denzel said:
You don't seem to be giving him much of a chance, Sums. Maybe the shortlist wasn't great, but I'm satisified that the Panel would have made the right decision based on the right things. It might mean them going back on their original statement that they wanted experience, but it's all about results, and he needs the support of all fans in this.
Denz mate, if this is right then the board haven't done what's ultimately best for the club on the pitch where it matters. They have done what is best for what they want the image of the club to be percieved as which is very, very wrong. If Tisdale is appointed, then I do sincerely hope that he is capable of proving my first statement wrong but it will be obvious to a blind man with a paper bag over his head what has ultimately got him the job. The wrong reasons.

Exerated

I have complete and utter trust in our new manager and think he deserves our full support. In addition he hasn’t put a foot wrong so far in his time here, which is more than can be said about his predecessors.

denzel

Ian,

How do you know why the decision was made? And have you met the guy? Do you know what questions were asked, and what answers were given?

And surely the Board want the same as us- promotion- with everything else being a means to that end.

Off to stick a bag over my head now.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Exerated said:
In addition he hasn’t put a foot wrong so far in his time here, which is more than can be said about his predecessors.
How can he have "put a foot wrong so far in his time here" if he isn't actually our manager yet and isn't officially here yet either?!?!?

grecIAN Harris

denzel said:
Ian,

How do you know why the decision was made? And have you met the guy? Do you know what questions were asked, and what answers were given?

And surely the Board want the same as us- promotion- with everything else being a means to that end.

Off to stick a bag over my head now.
It sticks out like a sore thumb. What are the two things that stood out between Tisdale and Taylor and Quinn from the comments made on the back page of the Echo on Saturday and what we already know. Tisdale admitedly knows nothing about The Conference, Quinn and Taylor, seeing as how they've worked in, quite obviously do. Tisdale has all this community idea going on whereas Quinn openly admits he knows little about it and it's probably safe bet although Shaun is very aware of The Trust, how it operates is something new to him.
As for the board, I begin to wonder. The choice should have come down to a straight choice of who is going to get us back in The League the quickest. I quite honestly give a monkies about this community club stuff if it's going to hold back progression where it matters most. At the end of the day it's what happens on the pitch that will get people through the turnstiles not the community sideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.