• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What does it matter who new Exeter manager is!!!!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
All that matters is we give 110% effort next year and hopefully improve and are promoted. Whoever it is then we need to be behind them 110% regardless of our personal preference. Whoever itis i hope gets more support than AI ever got from certain sections of the City faithful!!!

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
it matters a great deal who the next manager is we need to move forward! but yes give the new manager our backing 110% somehow i feel certain fans want us to fail just so they can come on here and complain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What does it matter?

Well, let me break it down for you:

If we get a sh*t manager, we will be unsuccesful on the pitch, leadiing to falling attendances, leading to more problems balancing books, meaning a decreased playing budget, leading to the club becoming more entrenched in the conference.

If we get a good manager, we will be succesful, crowds will be up, we will possibly achieve promotion, the success and extra revenue will make things easier financially, attracting more sponsors and fans.

In short, recruiting the right manager is central to everything.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Well said Mr edwin_price.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
MJP_Exeter said:
All that matters is we give 110% effort next year and hopefully improve and are promoted. Whoever it is then we need to be behind them 110% regardless of our personal preference. Whoever itis i hope gets more support than AI ever got from certain sections of the City faithful!!!
You're not female by chance MJP, only that opening statement has 'female who follows football and enjoys it but is unable to grasp the tribalness of the game' written all over it. If you've grasped the concept of what I've just said although it doesn't make much sense then obviously you're not which then begs the question.......... why such an idoiotic opening post when it takes all of half a second to work out what edwin has told you.

D

Dr Da

To be fair, MJP_ did want Steve Flack as the new manager of ECFC....... Maybe that says it all.......... ;)

kyunghee

In a way, I do agree with the opening post. It doesn't matter who the manager is as long as we achieve on the pitch.

Big names can cost big money and if they fail - which many of those big names mentioned so far have elsewhere - where does that get us?

There are many more Alex Inglethorpes out there waiting to be discovered. I have faith we'll find one.

tonythegrecian

RIP Paul ' stella ' Reid a true City Supporter.
kyunghee said:
In a way, I do agree with the opening post. It doesn't matter who the manager is as long as we achieve on the pitch.

Big names can cost big money and if they fail - which many of those big names mentioned so far have elsewhere - where does that get us?

There are many more Alex Inglethorpes out there waiting to be discovered. I have faith we'll find one.
to be lambasted just like AI!!!!

kyunghee

All managers get lambasted at times, as do players... it's part of the job description. ;)

Thames Valley Red

MJP_Exeter said:
As an ardent AI 'anti-AI' I have to say he did well putting his name about this pre-season, never got the full support of the fans, as it has to be earnt. The style of play and excuses before the season started never gave me a warm feeling. Perhaps the next manager will focus on the positives more!

Thanks

AL