• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

exeweb

Administrator
So, Alex is considering his options. But what do you think? Is now the right time for the City manager to move on or should he stick around and finish the job he took over from Eamonn Dolan? Is the MK Dons job worth leaving City for?

Cast your vote!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
i hope he stays and finishes what hes' started.

L

Lara

I think he should stay for at least another season. If he were to go now i think it would lower morale within the team and unsettle the players, which is something that we could do without seeing as we haven't signed any new ones yet. I just think that the last thing we need right now is another change in manager.

City Blue

I would like to see him stay for at least one more full season but I don't think he will.

Tim Long

Oli said:
Am I missing the vote tool?

STAY
Who are you calling a tool ?

Think Inglethorpe should stay, certainly in preference to McDons - more of a sideways than upwards move. Spurs U20s may be a different matter.

(Realises Oli probably knows how to punctuate a sentence and that there isn't a comma missing. Goes off to find reference book.)

manc grecian

If he gets offered a job at spurs he'd be stupid not to take it but MK Dons is a backwards move. STAY NOW.

robchave

Seeing that the E&E says that Alex has not yet made up his mind, can I for one urge him to stick with us and finish the job?

I don't care who they are, but I want to see the players he's lined up to join us over the summer. So far he's had a very good eye for talent and I think that the first full season with an AI team could be very interesting.

Alex, stay with us and we'll give you a trophy to put on your C.V. After taking Exeter back to the league, you'll do much better than poxy MK Dons!

tommaayyy

If he goes to MK Dons then he's not the man he purports to be, and serves to prove the theory than london and surrounds is more attractive than the westcountry.

malcolms

manc grecian said:
If he gets offered a job at spurs he'd be stupid not to take it but MK Dons is a backwards move. STAY NOW.
Not really a good move to another club's youth set up. I can't think of any manager that has progressed directly from a youth team post to run a meaningful first team squad. If it was a lot more money then it may be a good financial move for him but it won't help his career development

haka

If he wants to go to MK Dons, then he's wrong in principle (they're the opposite of a supporters-run club) and in practice (they have no chance of success). So he would be a fool, when he's always seemed pretty smart, if inexperienced.

But if he is a fool, then we don't want him.

So if he goes, that's good, because we don't want a fool for a manager.

But if he stays, that's good, because that would show he's not a fool, and that he believes he can further his career here.

I hope he stays.

(Spurs? Only if he has strong personal reasons. Otherwise it's not justified)