• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

gill elding boylan.

D

dobleman

Gill - close to signing -presume Alex has agreed to a 2 year contract - for the the year offer did seem a bit mean.Canvey are leaving the conference, i would just love to see Boylan with us, but i think he likes the Lonon type life, so i suppose it'sa long shot.Elding says he made a mistake and wants to return to Stevenage -i reckon westly will say "no thank you" but i stll don't want this apparently disruptive character in our dressing room.After a few weeks he will probably want to join Willand Rovers!All this lifted from E and E our evening paper i recieve at 6.50 each morning.

Ian Sideman

As far as I'm aware Elding is just trying to muddy the waters. His run-in with Westley is well documented. It wouldn't be beyond him to try and undermine Westley. He would like to return as the prodigal son.

The view is that Elding, despite the character issues, would be a real asset to our squad, and he is still being pursued, but his reluctance to make a commitment is starting to prove tiresome. Probably time to push harder with the other names on the list.

Ian.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stevenage are having a board meeting tonight where it is rumoured Westley might be on his way out (well, he did say that whoever finished below them would be in the play offs). I think Mr Elding might be waiting to see what happens.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Westley shouldnt make promises to fans that he cant deliver. I would like to see Elding join us as he is that poacher (scores the easy goals) that we need.Hopefully gill will sign a new deal.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forget Elding and Boylan.

The big news there is Gill. Great news if true, think he could be a star for us next season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Grecian Max said:
Forget Elding and Boylan.

The big news there is Gill. Great news if true, think he could be a star for us next season.
I agree 100% there. Gill signing up for next season would be a major boost to our hopes IMO.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree. We need a couple of strikers, but there are literally about 50 who we could potentially get and would make exciting signings. T

here are very few midfielders who would fit the bill in the way that Gill does. His positioning is excellent, great passing, great defensive work (without putting in many crunching tackles), he manages to get himself involved in the game for the whole 90 minutes, and really makes us tick. He would be very, very difficult to replace.

Elding/Boylan/Richards/Stansfield/Gall/Loius etc. etc......It doesn't really mater which name we get in, as long as there is two of them and they do the business.

denzel said:
Stevenage are having a board meeting tonight where it is rumoured Westley might be on his way out (well, he did say that whoever finished below them would be in the play offs). I think Mr Elding might be waiting to see what happens.
I think that is the most likely scenario.

I really don't think he will sign, from the "vibes" that I get.

DaveB

Elding has signed for boston, for sure this time I'm afraid, sorry to lead you up the garden path the other, just passing on what I was told!

Its on their official site:
http://www.bufc.co.uk/article/411063/Exclusive-news-breaks-as-Elding-returns

edit: just saw the other thread, sorry

Definitely try to keep gill I reckon, bit iffy at first, but his class shone through later, would be very useful next year.

Last edited:

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Sh*t proxy

Last edited: