• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Online Club Shop Postage ...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Lordy! It's bleddy dear.
This is one of the reasons I don't buy from the club shop. The postage charges are absolutely punitive. For example:

Limited edition CD Single - 'City Til I Die' by Jacques Defoe & The Dilettanti. Price : £4.00
Standard Postage : £6.00

I could just about drive to the club shop at that price. It would probably help the shop turnover if they actually charged an appropriate price. They have refunded part-postage before when they realised they'd embarrassed themselves (I think they charged me £15 shipping). But I don't want buy in the hope someone might see sense after the event.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous but sadly rip off postage charges are common online at the mo. A CD would cost about £2 to post, a shirt about £3. Perhaps a graded scale for postage would be fairer for fans.

Northern Red

Postage put me off buying online

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I could just about drive to the club shop at that price.
Why don't you then? You'll then have the added bonus of a 'free' day in God's own city before returning home with your postage free club shop purchases.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I'm liking your thinking, Ant. 'Twould be a good opportunity, don't get down to Exeter anywhere near as often as I'd like. Haven't been in the City centre for years. Mind you, I find long drives - and I have to constitute a 125m round trip as a long drive these days - quite tiring. Have also long since lost touch with where all the disabled parking is there nowadays. Have to admit, I'd certainly find walking up and down the High Street - let alone around Princesshay or wherever - quite challenging. Can't walk as far or as fast as I used to do. And, call me vain, but I really hate using a walking stick in public. Very wary of crowds too. I'm easily jostled, hold people up, that sort of thing. Other than that, bleddy good shout. :D

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
I ordered some items a few months back and was shocked at the postage costs. It did nearly put me off buying but I thought that at least the money is going back into the club. What annoys me is the p$$$ take though. Fine, charge me a few quid over the odds and make a bit of profit, it's all for the clubs coffers but the charge is just way too unreasonable to the point that you feel you're being mugged off. Just my view really. Make some more money out of me ECFC that's fine by me, just don't go mad.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like the problem of postage is solved. So long as you spend over £60 you can have free postage!