• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

British Indian Ocean Territory

OmanGrecian

Convincing 10-0 win against the US Forces last night. 4 goals scored by yours truly.

Well if Gibraltar can have an international football team, then why can't we in BIOT? I'm claiming my 4th international cap :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I captained Ascension Island against a Brazilian Navy team back in the 80s. They spanked us 10-3 and their Samba band played throughout the match and all the evening at the beach bbq too. Happy days.

In my deluded head I played for England against Brazil.

edindevon

Fair play to you OG!

Without getting in to the politics of it all, I reckon the exiled Chagossian national squad (based in Crawley!) might object to you getting full international status:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagos_Islands_national_football_team

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice one, Oman. For me at least, you've redressed the balance a little after thirty five years of lingering hurt, anguish and humiliation.

Once played rugby against US Forces in Berlin, they'd never played the game before so had to briefly explain some basic rules beforehand. After they'd finally gotten used to not passing the ball forwards, and had learned to bring their fast black wingers into play, we were soundly and comprehensively whupped, nay thrashed.

You can only imagine the shame we all felt in the bar afterwards.