• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Who would you take to the Euro's?

tagz

As the title suggests, who would you take to the Euro's? The maximum squad limit is 23 players of which 3 have to be goalkeepers.

The players which I would definitely include at the moment if all remain fit;

Goalkeeper
Jake Butland- Has probably had the best season out of all the English goalkeepers and will be one for the future if he continues
Joe Hart- Although I'm not a huge fan of his he has got over 50 caps I think for England now and is currently 1st choice

Defenders
John Stones- Has been playing regular for Everton this season, can fill in at right back if required and like Butland he is likely to be a England regular in the future if he continues.
Chris Smalling- Probably Man U's best player this season and playing one of the best season's of his career
Gary Cahill- Although not his best season he has 40 caps for England and almost ever present since John Terry retired in 2012.
Nathaniel Clyne- We don't seem to have a great number of right backs at a high enough level for England. Has been regular for Liverpool this season and potentially has up to 8/9 more years with England

Midfield
Theo Walcott- Offers something to the squad which no one else really offers. Can be used out wide and upfront.
Raheem Sterling- Has had a good season this season for Man City and should be in the England squad for the next 10 years if he continues.
Adam Lallana- Has the ability to play on both wings and centrally, has had an ok season.
Danny Drinkwater- Has been very good season for Leicester
Dele Alli- Has had a good season and looks like a long term England player
James Milner- Seems like one of Hodgson's favorite players to have in the squad. Has had a decent season.
Dier- Has had a good season and could be a long term England player. Adds defensive cover to midfield.

Strikers
Jamie Vardy- Has had a very good season for Leicester
Wayne Rooney- I have always been a fan of his, he also brings experience to the squad
Daniel Sturridge- When fit he scores as proved with his 38 goals in 61 league games for Liverpool
Danny Welbeck- Always seems to play well for England, has 14 goals in 33 caps (with most of them being out wide) and 3 goals in 6 games since his return from injury.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Drinkwater and Vardy are a must, and Kane surely tagz. Kane for me is the best striker in PL much as it pains me!

Antony Moxey

The apostrophe police?

Silver fox

The apostrophe police?
What the fook you talking about?

Antony Moxey

What are you talking about?

Silver fox

The apostrophe police?
This. ....

Joshyd123

Butland, Forster, Hart

Clyne, Walker, Smalling, Stones, Cahill, Dier, Cresswell, Rose

Henderson, Barkley, Alli, Drinkwater, Noble

Sterling, Albrighton, Lingard, Walcott

Vardy, Kane, Rooney

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jesus... Albrighton & Lingard...

manc grecian

Hart, Butland, Forster

Walker, Stones, Cahill, Smalling, Dier, Baines, Cresswell, Jagielka

Alli, Barkley, Drinkwater, Henderson, Chamberlain, Walcott, Sterling

Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Welbeck.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hart, Butland, Forster

Clyne, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Baines, Cresswell

Henderson, Wilshere, Dier, Alli, Barkley, Sterling, Chamberlain, Walcott

Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck

Haven't really thought about it and on reflection it does seem a bit top heavy so I am open to suggestions.

Last edited: