• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Online Shop personal data ...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Just placed an order and, on filling out the delivery address, I was notified of the following:
By continuing, I agree that my information will be transferred to the United States.
Why? Seems a bit odd.
(Not to mention the fact that the postage charges were the same as the cost of petrol from mid Dorset to Exeter and back. If I hadn't been sending the items as a gift I would have picked them up.)

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... (Not to mention the fact that the postage charges were the same as the cost of petrol from mid Dorset to Exeter and back. If I hadn't been sending the items as a gift I would have picked them up.)
No idea if it's the power of Exeweb or the good folk at the shop spotted an error, either way they have part refunded the postage which brings it down to an acceptable level.
Gold star to the shop staff. (y)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps PeteUSA hand knits those red and white striped tea cosies and mails them personally from Avondale?

Grecian68

No idea if it's the power of Exeweb or the good folk at the shop spotted an error, either way they have part refunded the postage which brings it down to an acceptable level.
Gold star to the shop staff. (y)
How much is the online shop postage?
I asked on a thread weeks ago but no response.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I think - and don't quote me - to a certain extent it depends what you're buying. Which, I suspect, is why it's difficult to ascertain from the site during a quick perusal. You need to start an order and then it'll show you the postage costs, you then back out of the order if you don't wish to continue. As an example, the corrected postage for my order was about £7.50 which seems about average. You'd probably not want to use the online shop just for a couple of quick cheap purchases.

Grecian68

I think - and don't quote me - to a certain extent it depends what you're buying. Which, I suspect, is why it's difficult to ascertain from the site during a quick perusal. You need to start an order and then it'll show you the postage costs, you then back out of the order if you don't wish to continue. As an example, the corrected postage for my order was about £7.50 which seems about average. You'd probably not want to use the online shop just for a couple of quick cheap purchases.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.