• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

CITY v YORK CITY - 22 AUGUST - A WALK FOR PROSTATE CANCER UK

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
EXETER CITY v YORK CITY - SATURDAY 22 AUGUST
ANYBODY FANCY A WALK FOR THE PROSTATE CANCER CHARITY??

I am a York City supporter who has just completed the 92 league grounds (although Barnet's now a new one!). I go to every York City home and away match and particularly enjoy visiting your beautiful city and the surrounding areas each season.

Following the completion of my dream of visiting the 92 I wanted to give something back to the game. I enjoy football writing and Prostate Cancer UK have kindly given me the opportunity to write York City reports for them for the coming season along with charity articles and articles and interviews with other Football League clubs.

On 22 August 2015 York visit St James' Park and I am planning a Prostate Cancer UK fundraising event. Myself and close friend Dave Harkness are looking to walk from Exmouth Town FC to St James' Park on the morning of the match to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK, raise awareness of the illness but also promote the importance of relationships and friendships in football.

We would very much like this to be a fans walk and both visiting York City fans and Exeter City fans are warmly welcomed to join us on our walk which we hope to start 8.30-9am and take around 4 hrs, arriving at St James' Park in time for a bite to eat and refreshments pre match.
I would like to openly invite all members of your Trust to join us on our walk, hopefully make new friendships and benefit from some good exercise (hopefully in the Devon sunshine).

Prostate Cancer UK are very supportive of this event and I hope to write articles for York Press and Exeter Express and Echo newspapers (maybe articles which could also be posted on your website) and do a couple of radio interviews to help promote this event and raise plenty of money for the charity.

Please could you circulate my E-mail invitation around your Trust Members too see whether there is any local interest in my walk. There's also some charity links at the bottom of my E-mail which may interest Exeter supporters, particularly my Facebook football page.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Dan Pentland

Charity football writer

Prostate Cancer UK