• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The tragic death of "shoe"

haka

… is a lie.

Hello Steve Rookes, or “shoe”, or now, “Alf Garnet”.

I did not comment publicly yesterday, because I thought you might come to your senses and own up to your sick joke in the Social Club thread.

But you’ve had long enough. People have taken you at your word and have been saddened by your “death”. It's natural human decency. As more people read about your “death”, they too will be affected, and will post their condolences in that Social Club thread. Your “joke” is not funny. It is stupid beyond belief.

If nothing else, think of the friends and families of City fans whose REAL deaths have been announced on the Exeweb message boards (sadly, there have been more than one). And what about the next time there is a real tragedy to report?

Your lie will only grow. I know you have been in PM contact with other people on Exeweb. Have you told them the truth? Are they now expected to play along with this nasty deception? Inevitably, there will be consequences. The unusual circumstances of your fantasy “death” are a news story, and there may well be local media interest. What should they be told?

So now you are posting as “Alf Garnet”. Post a full public apology, and tell the truth. After the apology, I suggest you take a nice long holiday from Exeweb. To think about what you’ve done.

Exeweb has its fights and fallouts, we shout and rant, but mostly it's because we care, and it stays “online”, and we get over it. What you have done is a disgusting new low.

Haka

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
this is appaling

Last edited:
A

alf garnet

Blimey Haka, are you Columbo in disguise? Have you never heard of John Stonehouse? Sincere apologies to all those with recent bereavements and anyone who was upset by my sick sense of humour.

Anybody with a sense of reality would have seen that Monday wasn't the 17th. A holiday? Blimey, I've got to live with years of bad karma hanging over my head.

Again, sorry if I've caused upset.

I'd just like to thank Swannie, Spick, Nursey, I_m and all others who expressed their sadness. I didn't know you cared. A special mention must go to Egg who asked if the Echo might print an obituary! Now in the words of Captain Oates "I think I might just go outside".

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
I would if I was you
Not funny at all

Al

thought he was a ***** from his posts.. this just confirms it.

exeweb

Administrator
I'd like to join in the condemnation of this "announcement." One of the lowest stunts ever pulled on these forums.

E

Elvis the pelvis

Being a bit harsh I think. I can see the funny side.

Red Robbo

To55er!

And you Elvis the Penis, if you had any idea about this close community then 'funny side' wouldn't be a phrase to use. Now f*ck off dim wit.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely disgraceful......**** off and don't come back......sick tw@t.......

E

Elvis the pelvis

157% in agreement with you Sumner7. Al is a sick **** and should be banned for life. Thank goodness somebody talks some sense on here. Mine's a cup of tea, not too heavy on the milk and if you have a packet of digestives that'd be great. Cheers luv.