• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An evening with Bruce Grobbelaar at the Southgate Hotel - Wednesday 26th November

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
*tumbleweed*

I don't pay to eat with criminals

PeteUSA

Could he do a job for us? Somebody should ask him! Just the sort of tutor Pym needs, and Bruce IS SHORT!

StroudGrecian

and Bruce IS SHORT!
Of course he is, that's why he's having to sell himself at events like this. Not as short as David James though.

Last edited:
Could he do a job for us? Somebody should ask him! Just the sort of tutor Pym needs, and Bruce IS SHORT!
Grobbelaar is the last person to tutor Pym. Grobbelaar was a match fixer and a bankrupt. Surprised anybody would want to spend a minute in his company

angelic upstart

Oddly enough Bruce is a few inches taller than Iker Casillas.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just the 15 tickets remain.

What are these events like? Never been to one myself, are they any good?

Antony Moxey

Just the 15 tickets remain.

What are these events like? Never been to one myself, are they any good?
Went to one with a Liverpool player who's name escapes me a year or so back at the Devon Motel and thoroughly enjoyed it. Suits were the order of the day, nice meal, bar open all night. There was a (pretty blue - it certainly wasn't for kids!) comedian on for half an hour or so after the meal, then the player recounted a few stories from his career. He bought some medals along too, including European Cup winners' medals that you could have a look at and you could have your pic taken with him too if you wanted.

Was a similar price I think, and as I say a decent night out with your mates. I'd go again, although I'll give the Grobelaar one a miss, he's not someone I'm particularly interested in.

PeteUSA

Grobbelaar is the last person to tutor Pym. Grobbelaar was a match fixer and a bankrupt. Surprised anybody would want to spend a minute in his company
Just so's you know; In 1997 Grobbelaar was found not guilty after two consecutive trials when the court could not agree a verdict. He was found not guilty in a court of law, which is good enough for me. He received substancial money in damages from the Sun Newspaper, who had come up with the story. The House of Lords were involved by the Sun, and it was decided on some farcical technicality that his actions had brought the game into disrepute, whereby he was ordered to pay a total of 500,000, which he didnt have - hence bankruptcy. I think calling him a 'match fixer' when it was never ever proven where it mattered - a court of law - is more than a little out of order.