• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

10 man Estonia 0 England 0

tagz

71 mins played. Hodgson having to bring on a "tired" 19 year old to try and win the game.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
71 mins played. Hodgson having to bring on a "tired" 19 year old to try and win the game.
1 zip Rooney (y)

tagz

73 mins and it's 1-0 England. Keeper should of done better. 6 goals to go for Rooney

grecIAN Harris

I've just said elsewhere, pace and width. That's all the Germans do against teams like Estonia and San Marino and they batter them. They leave the rocket science for games against the better teams. Why can't we?

elginCity

I've just said elsewhere, pace and width. Why can't we?
Was thinking the very same during the game, we played far too narrowly. Baines hardly got forward at all. If you can't run through the wall, then run around it.

As an aside, anyone ever heard of Devon Rovers FC? Me, neither.

Silver fox

Was thinking the very same during the game, we played far too narrowly. Baines hardly got forward at all. If you can't run through the wall, then run around it.

As an aside, anyone ever heard of Devon Rovers FC? Me, neither.

Probably Doncaster Rovers fan exciled in Devon now.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It wasn't very good - Rooney for me isn't and never has been this world class player everything keeps saying he is , yes he scored a decent free kick which any keeper worth there metal would of saved , but taking just 1 chance v Estonia and 1 v san marino when he could of prob had 3/4 goals against both sides isn't good enough.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
We will win the group very easily but that should be a given. I hope we improve but what worries me is that we will be out classed come the finals in a couple of years. To me we try to play through the middle too often instead of trying to get in behind sides down the flanks.

tagz

Townsend has been in great form (his goal for England was his first goal/ assist for both club and country in 363 days) yet he is still getting into the squad.