• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ian - new Newcastle manager?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently George Graham has emerged as the overwhelming favourite to be the new Newcastle manager.

Haven't they suffered enough?

Spicy Nik Nak

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Ian wants Big Sam. This would explain why he is so adamant that he doesn't get the England job...

grecIAN Harris

I've also heard Martin O'Neil, Steve Bruce, David Moyes and Ottmar Hitzveld not to mention God (Shearer) himself.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Id love to see Shearer get a chance alongside Roeder - i think they have done pretty well in general ,

Shearer without doubt deserves to stay involved - his legs have well & truly gone now - but without doubt the best English Centre Foward in Premiership history. Top Player For Newcastle & England.

D

duck_racer

I thought the reason George Graham had disappeared from management was that he had been suffering with near-crippling arthritis?

Might have had this wrong though. I think the clever money is on Jewell, Dowie, Allerdyce or maybe even Boothroyd from Watford for the next Newcastle manager.

LammieLammieLammie

CREDYGRECIAN said:
Shearer without doubt deserves to stay involved - his legs have well & truly gone now - but without doubt the best English Centre Foward in Premiership history. Top Player For Newcastle & England.
Agreed Credy, but does that give him the Credentials to be a Prem Manager?

I always think Roeder looks completely out of his depth. I agree that Jewell could be a good bet.

CREDYGRECIAN

LammieLammieLammie said:
Agreed Credy, but does that give him the Credentials to be a Prem Manager?

I always think Roeder looks completely out of his depth. I agree that Jewell could be a good bet.
No proably not - but i think him & Roeder have done pretty well they have steaded a pretty rock ship there - i feared a cricket score after JT had scored early last night but all credit to Newcastle they battled really hard - and could maybe of knicked a draw at one stage - bloody shame really as i know Liverpool will Draw Chelsea next!.

Also id love to Shearer involved with Englands Strikers as a coach - Michael Owen & Rooney sort themselfs out - but i reckon Shearer would imrpove Crouchey , Bent & Defoe.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I think they only lost 1-0 because Chelsea looked strangely short of form themselves, and were more concerned with diving and cheating than actually playing.

CREDYGRECIAN

Jason H said:
I think they only lost 1-0 because Chelsea looked strangely short of form themselves, and were more concerned with diving and cheating than actually playing.
fair point - Del Horno & Drogba are the worse - Drogba is a flamming cart horse - the way he goes down is a disgrace.

Was disapointed to see Wright-Phillips go down under no challenge from Elliott - i expect better than that from an English player.

LammieLammieLammie

Agree about last nights game, the bar codes could have nicked a goal...

Poor Peter Ramage. What is it about Newcastle defenders?

Elliot was so unlucky, but overall the ref had a shocker.

Credy, if you ever want to see a complete Centre Forward performance, you could do worse than watch Drogba in the Liverpool 1 Chelsea 4 match earlier this season.

I really don't "like" him due to the fact that he always gets involved in incidents, and is arguing and moaning, but not many centre forwards work as hard as he does, or hold the ball up as well.

LLL