• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tim Krull - What a !

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've had it with him! One of my top three keepers in the UK, and he goes and pulls that stunt with the penalties. Ambling around from one side of the penalty area to the other, then he's got the nerve to walk up to each Costa Rica player who was preparing to take a spot kick, and starts muttering s**t to them! Why the hell did the referee allow that? It was obvious for all to see what he was doing! My hope know is that Holland lose in the semi's. I wasn't very happy with them as it was with Robben conning the ref for that farcical dive in their last game, but this Krull fiasco takes the biscuit.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tim Krull - What a p***k!

I actually agree with you Pete, I was annoyed with what he was doing, especially to a lovable group of players like the Costa Rican's. I don't find one thing likeable about the Dutch. From their manager, right through to their players. They all strike me as arrogant tossers and, like yourself, I hope Argentina knock them out.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tim Krull - What a p***k!

I didn't like his gamesmanship, but then again look at the gamesmanship displayed by some of the penalty takers throughout this tournament - begin run up, stutter, run some more, pause, feint, shoot...

I was under the impression that penalties were supposed to be taken in one 'go' - run up and shoot or just shoot - and not with all this ballet ******** beforehand.

LL

Grecian_Jay

You do what you can to win and the Dutch did that. Maybe if England had that kind of balls then we wouldn't be so ****e.

Antony Moxey

Tim Krul did nothing wrong whatsoever, in fact it made for great drama and entertainment. If it got to Costa Ricans then good on him for helping his team out and poor show by them for not rising above it.

At least he wasn't out their feigning injuring, kicking lumps out of people and shirt pulling like so many outfield players have done in these quarters. Even Robben was doing his best to stay on his feet. Good on Krul, and good on the Dutch.

PeteUSA

Tim Krul did nothing wrong whatsoever, in fact it made for great drama and entertainment.
I think what he said to each of the penalty takers as he stood face to face with them would be the only way we'd know if he did "anything wrong" or not. We'll never know of course what he said any more than we'll ever know whether the Costa Rican penalty takers could understand a word he said, but if it was of a threatening nature, that would be totally out of order. He's p**s poor at saving penalties at Newcastle, having saved two in the last twenty, so I suppose he had to do something to tilt the scales in Hollands favor. I still thought it was poor form for the officials to allow it ongoing.

grecIAN Harris

As all he appeared to be saying was 'I know which way you're going' and he did. He went the right for each one. Worse gets said in the middle of a cricket square in what is supposed to be a far more gentlemanly sport.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

As all he appeared to be saying was 'I know which way you're going' and he did.
Bleddy hell Ian, I'm impressed! You lip reading what Krul actually said like that! Was he speaking broken Geordie, or Dutch?

Number13

As all he appeared to be saying was 'I know which way you're going' and he did. He went the right for each one. Worse gets said in the middle of a cricket square in what is supposed to be a far more gentlemanly sport.
And it seems in the Commentary box...........

Krul was fine to tell them which way he was going. I always go back to the ball after its spotted telling the Ref its not on the spot, anything to break their concentration because to be fair, the guys gonna score (I never saved one). What got me was the Ref just allowed him to do the walking about bit. Shameful

PeteUSA

What got me was the Ref just allowed him to do the walking about bit. Shameful
Exactly. Krul should have been told to go stand with the linesman after each penalty kick against him. Speaking of which, it seems the rule stating 'a keeper should remain on his line until the ball is struck' rule has gone out of the window completely in this WC! Krul was at least 5/6 feet off his line for the two penalties he did save, having advanced towards the taker before the ball was struck; and, the linesman did nothing!

Last edited: