• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Neymar Out!!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Neymar is out of the rest of the World Cup having suffered a fracture to a bone in his spine. I thought Brazil were going to win the World Cup but now they will have to rely on Hulk and Fred (surely the worst Brazilian striker in history) to score the goals and require Oscar to step up to the plate big time for this to happen.

Antony Moxey

Perhaps if the ref had clamped down on the Brazilian tackles earlier on and dished some cards out we wouldn't have seen Neymar taken out with such a tackle from Columbia. Either that or Neymar arched his back a little too far in going for yet another theatrical dive that he did it himself.

grecIAN Harris

He got a proper wallop in his back with the 'challenge' that injured him. He got a knee just below his shirt number as you can see here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28172883

GrecianWonder

Scolari can't complain. They kicked lumps out of Rodriguez too.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What goes around comes around

grecIAN Harris

I blame the ref myself. He lacked control in the game throughout. Had he made a couple of early bookings we would have had a far better spectacle, particuarly the second half.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And with that goes Brazil's chances of winning the world cup.

Grecian_Jay

One man team. They'll struggle now.

Silver fox

My money's still on them to grind out the results they need :(

grecIAN Harris

One man team. They'll struggle now.
I'm not quite sure that's right. One man gets burdened with all the responsibility, definately. But I think there are players there who can step up such as Oscar and, if Big Phil has any sense against Germany, Ramieres and get them through. Having said that, they will miss Thiago at the back.