• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Uruguay v England

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A draw could be good enough, but 3 points are needed. A Lionel Messi returning from injury might just not be good enough, I live in hope.

Referees for today and tomorrow http://www.exeweb.com/2014/06/18/brazil-2014-referee-appointmenst-for-19-june-and-20-june/

Kick off at 8pm at the Corinthians Arena, and the game is live on ITV.

Bittners a Legend

Has Lionel switched allegiances, Hants?

Lets hope England play our best player, Wayne Rooney, in his best position and that he in turns shuts the hacks up.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster

Lets hope England play our best player, Wayne Rooney, in his best position and that he in turns shuts the hacks up.
Don't you bloody start!

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
A Lionel Messi returning from injury might just not be good enough
Nobody tell the Uruguayans! We just may be able to get them disqualified for fielding an ineligible player...

Alistair20000

I would like to see Exeweb's very own Lionel, the Logster, starting for Uruguay tonight.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hoe flip did I manage to type Messi when clearly I meant to say Suarez! (facepalm)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Optimistic about our chances tonight. The same fast tempo, attacking tactic as we showed against Italy will cause Uruguay's slow defence a lot of problems.

England 2-1 Uruguay

Welbeck and Rooney.

Grecian_Jay

I'm not looking forward to it. We move our best player from the previous match to accommodate a player that has never delivered for England when it matters. I could score the 3rd and 4th goals against San Marino or Luxumburg ffs.

A front 4 of Sturridge, Sterling, Barkley & Lallana would win this match tonight.

Also Baines would be straight out as he was terrible.

And the hellis Lampard in there wasting a space? He is no replacement for anyone in that team.

tavyred

Tonight is the true litmus test of the zero expectation experiment the public and the media are applying to England this world cup. Do they, free from unrealistic pressure play and win or do they revert to type and feck it up like they normally do when they play against someone half decent?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
England 3-1 Uruguay

Rooney to silence critics by scoring and setting up another. Suarez sent off for pushing referee.