• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An idea!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A way the trust and club could raise a little extra money without people actually giving them a penny.

Now i do not know whether it would be possible but is a small idea and means people can give to the club without actually giving to the club,

In store loyalty cards like Clubcard and nectar card. Now could the club set up an account with each of these and others where the points go to a club account via the fans who can get a card. I know this means around 1% of peoples shopping becoming available to the club which may not sound a lot but if you had 100 people signed up and spending an average £50 a week you would gain 50p per shopper which would give the club £50 a week or £2,600 per annum. Now that is not a lot i know but that money could be used in points to purchase equipment, food or whatever which could increase the clubs profit margin on food or to reduce costs with purchasing paint, equipment or anything along those lines. If for example we got 500 people signed up and collecting points on behalf of the club at average of £50 per week then you can start to see this can raise a significant amount of £13,000 peer annum.

It was just an idea i had and thought i would share it to see if people thought if it was possible and people liked it that i would e-mail that to the supporters trust. An idea for those who maybe cannot afford to support the club via a cash donation but can still give to the club