• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Positivity

grecian2005

When going to games why dont u just enjoy yourselves for once. My 3 boro m8s at my house were absoutley convinced they were going to get hammered last night but they decided to enjoy themselves and have a good time supportin the boro no matter wat.

At SJP I get the feeling that there are fans who are grinning with glee that they have a chance to shout Rubbish, Inglethorpe out etc.

Personally i thought we played well we got the tackles in, passed the ball didnt hoof etc.

Remember w edont have to play julian every week

UTC

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Enjoy what ???

The free flowing football ?? - No.

The creative midfield play ?? - No.

The Excitement of the Game ?? - No.

The Superb Movement of our Fowards ?? - No.

Our Exciting quick wingers turning the full back inside out ?? - No.

Our Defence bringing the ball out and passing to feet ?? - No.

-

Sorry im all for these positive threads enjoy the game get behind the team - but there's currently nothing to enjoy - people really do have rose tinted glasses when watching City because were not very good.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Credy I agree with everything you've said about last night's game but I think the point Grecian2005 is trying to make is that being a City fan isn't just about the results. If it was, we'd all support Chelsea. Realistically City will probably never play any higher than League Two/Conference level but does that mean you won't be there on Saturday or even next season? Thought not.

Being City fan has no rhyme or reason (much like our football at the moment) but sometimes you just have to enjoy going to games for its own sake, not for the results or the quality of the football.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Fever i totally understand your point - but unless we play well or win i dont enjoy it - thats just me , im not one of those football fans who whatever the result says "it was a good game of football to watch" if we lose im gutted & find it very hard to take any positive from losing - maybe im a bad loser.

SimonBB

CREDYGRECIAN said:
maybe im a bad loser.
Really? ^o)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair play Credy. For what it's worth I'm a bad loser too. I couldn't get to sleep til 3 in the morning just from fuming about the game, now I'm bloody knackered! I only post the positive stuff as a reaction against all the negativity. What gets me down even more than the crap football is the negativity of the crowd because going to the football should be fun regardless of the result. Football fans can be very witty, which is sometimes the best part of the game, but sadly that's missing at the moment.

LammieLammieLammie

1) The programme was as good as always, Fever!

2) There weren't any balloons for me to clear up in the Doble

3) Cronin played really really well IMHO

4) Sawyer played well

5) Carlisle showed us a bit of quality

6) The crowd got behind the team.

7) I managed to get to tell Perez to poke Westley in the eye.

Lammie

S

shoe

Eastenders was cracking last night. A lesbian black and white combo and a bloke who doesn't realise how lucky he is that his fat-arsed minger of a wife has left him.

How did City get on by the way?

LammieLammieLammie

Beat Villa 2-1 ;)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very good Lammie, full marks for being so positive but shouldn't you have posted this on The Positive Thread? ;)