• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

For the love of Pate

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
As part of the newly, and unnecessary, Steve Perryman thread, Spanky got all anxious and said that Pate USA was risking infraction points for trying to bypass the swear filter.

Except he wasn't because Pate's swearidge appeared as ******** and ****** rather than feck, tw@t, or whatever it was. That was actually a case of the swear filter working and Pate not trying to skip by it.

Thanks for the explanation, but it's sh*te, as usual.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
As part of the newly, and unnecessary, Steve Perryman thread, Spanky got all anxious and said that Pate USA was risking infraction points for trying to bypass the swear filter.

Except he wasn't because Pate's swearidge appeared as ******** and ****** rather than feck, tw@t, or whatever it was. That was actually a case of the swear filter working and Pate not trying to skip by it.

Thanks for the explanation, but it's sh*te, as usual.
Those words were added to the swear filter after they were typed by pate hence the ******* and *******

there you go you ******* *****

:)

Last edited:

LOG

Sorry, but i don't believe you. They were quite obviously mainstream rather than something that had to be added and there was never any thought of Pate trying to bypass the filter.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but i don't believe you. They were quite obviously mainstream rather than something that had to be added and there was never any thought of Pate trying to bypass the filter.
I dont understand what you are getting at.. sorry

LOG

It's your site, so it isn't for me to explain, but i'll add in a bit.

If you p*ss off the users, i've bypassed the swear filter there, there is no site. Build from there.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
It's your site, so it isn't for me to explain, but i'll add in a bit.

If you p*ss off the users, i've bypassed the swear filter there, there is no site. Build from there.
It was more like p*ss but with ! where the * was.. so we then added that word as described to the swear filter.

To be fair it was excessive swearing on the WOWS which was the problem. We ask for a more respectable decorum on that forum than we do on banter base, which does come with a warning of *Do not venture into here if easily offended...*

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Log, when anyone tries to bypass the swear filter, I add whatever their variation of the swear word to the filter as soon as I get the chance. I've done this for Pete about three times this week. The post I first picked up on yesterday evening was just a tirade of abuse because a thread had been started and we didn't have Pete's express permission.Two mods asked me to do it. One because he was at work, and another because he'd made a pigs ear of a previous attempt to split a thread.

And why the hell am I explaining this anyway?!? The swear filter is there for a reason, constantly trying to bypass it will result in an infraction. Nuff said.

Alistair20000

Is Spankers the Exeweb counter swearage officer ?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just wondering but I didn't realise another word for male balls was classed as a swear word or offensive. So why is it in the swear filter?

I think how Mr E had it was ok, although the only word I don't like used and happy to not see on here is the C word.

StroudGrecian

Just wondering but I didn't realise another word for male balls was classed as a swear word or offensive. So why is it in the swear filter?
The swear filter's getting a bit teste