• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gibraltar gains UEFA membership

Red & White

UEFA have ratified Gibraltars application to become a member and are now allowed to enter the qualifying rounds for the Euro 2016 Championships;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22657481

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
UEFA have ratified Gibraltars application to become a member and are now allowed to enter the qualifying rounds for the Euro 2016 Championships;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22657481
Three cheers for Gibraltar. That's one in the Spanish snotbox.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three cheers for Gibraltar. That's one in the Spanish snotbox.
How so? The Spanish supported their application.

UEFA becomes more like Eurovision every day. Too busy collecting teams that aren't proper countries or aren't in Europe to have time to deal with issues like racism properly. Twats.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
European football has gone crazy, oh well maybe there is still hope for Portland!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
How so? The Spanish supported their application.
I honestly didn't know that. I do know that Spain wants to regain sovereignty over Gibraltar against the wishes of the population. However it seems Spain isn't prepared to give up sovereignty of Ceuta and Melilla, their territories in Morocco. A bit one sided, don't you think? Also, hasn't Spanish warships recently been provoking the Gibraltarians by invading their territorial waters? Perhaps now you can understand my apparent mistake?

Oh dear. I've got be honest with you, if a small place like Gib wants field a team of sorts I wouldn't have the heart to deny them - sure it's a bind if they're in your group but that's the way the p!sspot cracks ;)

grecIAN Harris

Guernsey next then. They can play Corinthian Casuals on Saturday and then Italy in the Stadio Olymplico the following Wednesday.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guernsey next then. They can play Corinthian Casuals on Saturday and then Italy in the Stadio Olymplico the following Wednesday.
Cracking post Ian [y]

Which fully deserves a reply like this ...