• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Feedback on last few days

Red the Paper

Banned
Like some on here I was a little concerned that Exeweb would be dumbed down by the new Steering Committee. In truth, I was also a little peeved that I was not asked to contribute (spotted by Lez).

From what I have seen so far I think it is a good thing and we now know where we stand regarding abuse. A little more respect is pervading these boards of late and posters are thinking (unusual I know) before posting. The moderators have had a very difficult time and I think they are now in a position to moderate effectively.

I have been as guilty as most for showing a lack of respect at times and welcome the no nonsense approach adopted by the Steering Committee. I don't agree with posters that say Exeweb was better in the past and they rarely post these days because of the abuse. My response is simple: maybe if you had stayed you could have prevented the perceived downward spiral. Running away helps no-one.

Exewweb is dead...Long Live Exeweb

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
While I would disagree somewhat with your thing about past Exeweb posters - I'd have joined them long ago were it not for modding duties and the Social Club forum for the self same reasons you say - I welcome your post and your approach here.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Thanks RtP.

Nice to hear. We'll try not to let any of you down.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
RtP has obviously gone soft, I put it down to his age and that pony tail.

RtP is dead, long live RtP.

Fareham Grecian

Yep, it's showing signs of being a better place. If bullies like ******** and (pace his almost apology above) RtP feel they should calm down a bit and lay off the insults, then the world of Exeweb will be much nicer.

lmartin

Administrator
Cheers for your comments, RtP, we are all living and breathing Exeweb at the minute.

LOG

When will the social groups be reinstated?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
When will the social groups be reinstated?
I did ponder that earlier this evening. Then thought life is to short to waste it moderating it. ;)

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

I did ponder that earlier this evening. Then thought life is to short to waste it moderating it. ;)
Those Chudleigh Grecians spoilt it for everyone.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Those Chudleigh Grecians spoilt it for everyone.
I only discovered them at the end. My Non Clique Clique didn't get a chance.