• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forum Guidleines

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
How rigidly are the forum guidelines enforced these days? I see a lot of abuse happening on here and am interested in how or if it is dealt with

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
How rigidly are the forum guidelines enforced these days? I see a lot of abuse happening on here and am interested in how or if it is dealt with
They're not.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
They're not.
Now come on it was asked as an open question. Give them a chance

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Now come on it was asked as an open question. Give them a chance
Yep, and I gave just one answer. They have right of reply ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies, I have only just seen this thread.

The usual caveat about Mods not being able to read all the posts in all the threads applies. Use that report button! (Duly noted that it has just been used...)

ECFC traveller

Well considering I got 10 infraction points for Rae calling me a banana kid and me simply saying I'll take that one...

Clearly enforced very wrongly.

Jason.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Do be quiet. Not enforced wrongly at all. And I would say you have skated on very thin ice elsewhere, so count yourself lucky to have only received one infraction.

ECFC traveller

Weather or not I've "skated on thin ice" which maybe the case, but because I've been "skating on thin ice" definitely doesn't mean I should be rewarded with infraction points for doing absolutely nothing wrong on a totally different thread which is why I was given them "agreeing with a nick name that someone else calls me.."

Then straight up refusing to even remotely tell me how it was 'abusive' -

Sounds you're enforcing them wrongly to me.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I did actually explain clearly in your infraction PM why you received it, and it was because you were deliberately inflammatory in your choice of term to describe another Exewebber.

As always, the mantra is "Don't be a c*ck". The other mantra is "If you don't like the rules, go elsewhere". Nobody is preventing you from starting your own forum where you can abuse people and spout your ill-educated inflammatory nonsense.

ECFC traveller

I did actually explain clearly in your infraction PM why you received it, and it was because you were deliberately inflammatory in your choice of term to describe another Exewebber.

As always, the mantra is "Don't be a c*ck". The other mantra is "If you don't like the rules, go elsewhere". Nobody is preventing you from starting your own forum where you can abuse people and spout your ill-educated inflammatory nonsense.
The quote you gave me was "I'll take that one Rae! :D" which was a reply to his "Banana boy" nick name he was giving me..

And no you didn't explain it at all how it was deemed 'abusive'

Last edited: