• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I Beat Ladbrokes!

Decided to go in Ladbrokes on Saturday in Leyton. Put £2.00 on 5 games YES/NO for both teams to score. Was worth £50.00

Got back to where I was staying in Waterloo to check the scores. 4/4 right and was relying on NO for Torquay v Barnet. Then found out it was played on the Friday night. Was expecting Ladbrokes to pay out £23.00 (the odds on the first 4 games).........

Went into Hammersmith Ladbrokes on Sunday, gave the bird the slip. She called Leyton to check the amount and paid out the £50.00.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Next Saturday at 6pm £2.00 is going on a 100k accumulator!

Poulticedale

I think the lesson is you should try a £100k single on the Friday night game on the subsequent Saturday morning.

(Just make sure you get the result right...)

Red the Paper

Banned
Nobody beats a bookie. A bet is the act of a loser. You win once but lose more than you bet in the long term

SDRighton

You're right Red, with one notable additional point being if you do show any signs of beating a bookmaker (i.e. because you bet overlays only - which means you will win in the long term), they will close you down in a heartbeat.

Before I moved to Malta, I was even restricted by Ladbrokes to £50 maximum bet on anything IN THEIR SHOPS. Suffice to say it was only enforced by my local Laddies but shows how one-sided they make the whole game.