• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What happened to the Tisdale out thread ?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this some sinister example of the Club exerting control over all dissension ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Appears to have bitten the dust, but was nowt to do with me so I don't know what occurred.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's sticll cached, but if you Google it you get a message saying:

"you do not have permission to access this page"

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Because of that thread, Tis has had his coaching team launch a DDoS attack on Exeweb. Why they didn't just hack the DNS I've no idea.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I sin-binned it as it had turned into a person fest.

exeweb

Administrator
******** - the club have no say over how this site is operated. I am surprised that you don't know this.

ecfc girl moved the thread - quite rightly - because it had deviated wildly off-topic and had become over-run with insults and abuse amongst users. Threads moved to the sin bin are intended for review and I have now had a look and removed the offending posts. I removed six pages worth of content and have now reinstated the thread. Provided it remains a reasonable debate, the thread will stay.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
******** - the club have no say over how this site is operated. I am surprised that you don't know this.

ecfc girl moved the thread - quite rightly - because it had deviated wildly off-topic and had become over-run with insults and abuse amongst users. Threads moved to the sin bin are intended for review and I have now had a look and removed the offending posts. I removed six pages worth of content and have now reinstated the thread. Provided it remains a reasonable debate, the thread will stay.
Well said that man.

Sprocket

Why do so many threads on Exeweb "become over-run with insults and abuse amongst users"? Is it limited to Exeweb, or is it just what happens on the internet?

DJH2005

Why do so many threads on Exeweb "become over-run with insults and abuse amongst users"? Is it limited to Exeweb, or is it just what happens on the internet?
Definitely an internet thing!

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
It's an internet thing but the severity changes based on the actual site. This isn't the worst site for antagonism but it's one of the worst.

It's usually a mish-mash of demographic and moderation style.