• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Its a London Thing -

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just booked MrsCredy a Suprise Valentines London Trip for the end of Feb -

Bloody good deal as well ! - 2 Nights in a 4*Hotel & Theatre (We will rock you) & Rail for £150.00 For the both of us -

Its Good being a Travel Agent sometimes !! -

Basically though ive never been to London before ! , and apart from the obvious London Eye , Madame Tussauds , Harrords , Etc - is there anything else worth seeing or doing ??

Also any good restaurants / Boozers for the evenings ?

LammieLammieLammie

Stamford Bridge is worth a visit mate!

City Blue

I would avoid Madame Tussauds - bl**dy expensive, quite small and not that impressive. Took less than hour to look round IIRC. Though you may not mind that if you are trying to squeeze lots in to the trip.

If you have time I would recommend one of the open top bus tours. Cost about £15 but it's one of those hop on, hop off things and you get to see a large part of London, stopping at most of the major sightseeing attractions.

The London Dungeons are worth a visit, though not necessarily on a romantic trip! Tower of London is also worthwhile as is the National Gallery in Trafalger Square. Covent Garden is worth a look, especially if Mrs Credy likes shopping! There are plenty of eating places there too.

As for eating and drinking, blimey, there are too many places to mention but I'd recommend heading for somewhere like China Town (round the back from Leicester Square) as there are dozens of restaurants, all reasonably priced and then head into Soho - loads of pubs & bars there.

A good guide book is D&K's 'Top 10 London', which as it suggests lists the top 10 attractions, restaurants, pubs etc. I've used it before now and found it really useful but then I like doing the "touristy" things in London every now and then.

Where is your hotel?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He's going to London, not North Yorkshire, Lammie...

Credy - to be honest I can't stand Central London so avoid it like the Plague. The Missus is keen on Covent Garden, well worth a visit (if you don't mind crowds - my bugbear!), with some decent boozers and eateries.

Last edited:

City Blue

Jason H said:
Credy - to be honest I can't stand Central London so avoid it like the Plague.
What classes as Central London, Jason?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose I really mean the West End - anything from around Knightsbridge as far as the end of Oxford Street!

Only tend to go into London in order to go out again the other side if I can help it...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
LammieLammieLammie said:
Stamford Bridge is worth a visit mate!
I Might get shot like Robben there so i'll try to avoid it !

City Blue

Jason H said:
I suppose I really mean the West End - anything from around Knightsbridge as far as the end of Oxford Street!
Okay, thought that would be the case.

It's alright for someone on their first visit though I think.

Oli

For my money.

Avoid Madam Tussards, book the Eye in advance, and make it first or last thing so you don`t get inconvenienced by having to get there.

There are loads of restaurants and bars, personally I like all the restaurants/cafe-bars around Angel, out the tube and turn right. All quite nice round there these days.

Camden markets are an experience.

A few nice bars around Tower Bridge, walk south over the bridge, then turn first left, through all the new flats, then there are a few chain bars on the warf (St Catherines?). Nice for a sunday afternoon.

A sightseeing bus tour is the easiest way to see the main sights.

Though the best sight I`ve seen recently was the Swedish barmaid in the Red Lion near Mayfair.

Where is your hotel? I`m guessing Bayswater for that price? Nice restaurants around there, can always stroll through Hyde park then also.

manc grecian

Sod the sights Credy its valentines day. Lock your hotel door and work your crediton charm..... second thoughts she would probably prefer to see the sights.