• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Attachments

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nerds, your help please. How do you add an attachment to a post?

The FAQ says;

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

but i can't see this magical button it speaks of.

It is most likely that i am being particularly stupid but your help, as always, would be much appreciated.

ecfc01

I wonder how many people have you on Ignore? 1 view, well 2 now

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Its the paperclip button.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Simples. :)

Attachments

LOG

Many thanks, Hants.

Problem is that the paperclip button is not present here. Do i have to change settings or summat?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Many thanks, Hants.

Problem is that the paperclip button is not present here. Do i have to change settings or summat?
Does that mean the button "manage attachments" below the reply box is also missing?

Can't see any options to allow or stop.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you go to edit options, what do you have down the bottom of the options? I have as per attached.

Attachments

LOG

If you go to edit options, what do you have down the bottom of the options? I have as per attached.
I have the same but no paperclip or manage attachments buttons anywhere to be seen when i reply.

Have you clicked 'go advanced'?

Oh balls. Now I clicked that I've discovered that my paperclip is gone, what have you done with my paperclip?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I have the same but no paperclip or manage attachments buttons anywhere to be seen when i reply.
Me neither LOG. However, this text is from the edit manager ...

'When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.'

I only get two options so presume this is down to using mozilla. I'm also assuming the attachment paperclip is in the fully fledged wysiwyg option ...

Last edited: