• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mr Exeweb, a semi-sozzled tribute ...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Whilst imbibing a tadge on the fruits of the malt - solely as a celebration of todays result of course - I found myself ruminating on the bad old days. No, not the Conference years. But the years before the innernet when, as an impoverished exile, I relied solely on the Sunday papers for my Grecian fix. And, if I was lucky, two or three lines of text.
Now, with the arrival of broadband, life is so much different. Granted, due to an aging computer, my pages may still turn with the speed of drying paint, but at least the up to date info is there. And, thanks to exeweb, I can feel part of the everyday Grecian fan experience.
Oh, fair enough, we have our spats. We have dissent, we have argument, we have insults, we have different views, we have youth [Gawd 'elp us!] but we also have camaraderie. We have a common purpose and we have a sense of 'now'. We have a sense of together.
And all that would not have happened without exeweb.
So, with no further ado, I'd like to purloin the saying of that most famous of Grecians and state "Hat's off, Mr Exeweb"... :)

[Can't resist a pinched 'tada' either ...]
[Oh, and my favourite cheese remains Stilton...]

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst imbibing a tadge on the fruits of the malt - solely as a celebration of todays result of course - I found myself ruminating on the bad old days. No, not the Conference years. But the years before the innernet when, as an impoverished exile, I relied solely on the Sunday papers for my Grecian fix. And, if I was lucky, two or three lines of text.
Now, with the arrival of broadband, life is so much different. Granted, due to an aging computer, my pages may still turn with the speed of drying paint, but at least the up to date info is there. And, thanks to exeweb, I can feel part of the everyday Grecian fan experience.
Oh, fair enough, we have our spats. We have dissent, we have argument, we have insults, we have different views, we have youth [Gawd 'elp us!] but we also have camaraderie. We have a common purpose and we have a sense of 'now'. We have a sense of together.
And all that would not have happened without exeweb.
So, with no further ado, I'd like to purloin the saying of that most famous of Grecians and state "Hat's off, Mr Exeweb"... :)

[Can't resist a pinched 'tada' either ...]
[Oh, and my favourite cheese remains Stilton...]
I think I'm gonna cry...:'( I am..

I think I'm gonna cry...:'( I am..
haha,,,,,That is exactly what I was going to say. Have to agree with the OP though, living in Northampton is not the best place to catch up with all things bright and beautiful associated with ECFC.

On a side note, the best newspaper coverage we had was in the NLP, who classed us as a "big club."

IndoMike

haha,,,,,That is exactly what I was going to say. Have to agree with the OP though, living in Northampton is not the best place to catch up with all things bright and beautiful associated with ECFC.

On a side note, the best newspaper coverage we had was in the NLP, who classed us as a "big club."
Yep, I agree with the OP, too, Cornflakes. For us expats it's a good way to keep in touch, especially the match day thread..

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
when i twas up norf exeweb was a valuble tool for getting my grecian fix

Tada

Grecian2K

Why has this thread been moved from its rightful place in the Social Club

IMHO it adds about as much to the "Development" of EW as the Sean Canham to Kiddy thread does to current affairs on Well St ;)

Mods?????

Apologetically yours

G2k (lately of Avondale, Az)

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Why has this thread been moved from its rightful place in the Social Club

IMHO it adds about as much to the "Development" of EW as the Sean Canham to Kiddy thread does to current affairs on Well St ;)

Mods?????

Apologetically yours

G2k (lately of Avondale, Az)
I'm suddenly smelling multi again! (in true exeweb tradition) to keep this www. site up to scratch....well done RaeUK

Last edited: