• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb on my new blackberry

SDRighton

Exeweb has always been a bit of a nightmare on my Berry. However, it was manageable by changing the screen to "column view". I would however have to use the fiddly scroll down bar on the right, rather than being able to just go to the bottom of the screen to scroll down.

On my new Berry (curve), however, it just doesn't work. Whether normal or column view, it is a mess of scroll bars all over the place and at best you can read a few lines of text.

Any advice? Any plans to make it more Berry friendly?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeweb has always been a bit of a nightmare on my Berry. However, it was manageable by changing the screen to "column view". I would however have to use the fiddly scroll down bar on the right, rather than being able to just go to the bottom of the screen to scroll down.

On my new Berry (curve), however, it just doesn't work. Whether normal or column view, it is a mess of scroll bars all over the place and at best you can read a few lines of text.

Any advice? Any plans to make it more Berry friendly?
I have also just got a Blackberry Curve. I can read Exeweb fine on it though. It started off zoomed right out but it has sorted itself out now.

Try going through all the options and 'view' settings if you haven't done that already.

I drive myself round the twist using my Blackberry for Exeweb. It takes so long to load pages, then you have to zoom in twice.

I go on exeweb at around 9 or 10pm some nights. I find myself still on there at midnight!

I keep telling myself to not bother but it becomes an addiction.

I am thinking maybe of switching off Avators if it is possible to do so. Then the pages may load much quicker!

Last edited:

ecfc01

i drive myself round the twist using my blackberry for exeweb. It takes so long to load pages, then you have to zoom in twice.

I go on exeweb at around 9 or 10pm some nights. I find myself still on there at midnight!

I keep telling myself to not bother but it becomes an addiction.

I am thinking maybe of switching off avators if it is possible to do so. Then the pages may load much quicker!

fcat

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
What does fcat mean? And should have got an iPhone ;-)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I have a Bold 2. It works fine and the performance in using Exeweb is good.

Are these your own BBs? There can be issues on company issued ones as they will go through a proxy server which seems to slow them down significantly plus policies on the BES server can mess things up!

Never trust Steve Jobs to make anything that works properly!

What does fcat mean? And should have got an iPhone ;-)
Whats an IPhone, isnt one of they for the wanna be DelBoy's?

TIT does not use they.