• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Diwali

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most of you will probably be looking forward to 5th November because it's Bonfire Night and you get to stand around looking into the sky making woooooo noises. This year, however, it also marks the first day of Diwali.

Just so that i know, could someone confirm whether we will be allowed to celebrate Diwali this year?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Poultice

Oh no, not got to put up with all them heathens bringing around their sweet sticky cakes again ?

Mmmmmmmmmm, cakes !

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most of you will probably be looking forward to 5th November because it's Bonfire Night and you get to stand around looking into the sky making woooooo noises. This year, however, it also marks the first day of Diwali.

Just so that i know, could someone confirm whether we will be allowed to celebrate Diwali this year?

Many thanks.
What do you care, Lionel, you're a buddhist.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh no, not got to put up with all them heathens bringing around their sweet sticky cakes again ?

Mmmmmmmmmm, cakes !
I never thought carrot could taste so good :)

StroudGrecian

Many thanks.
Last year ECFC girl and Mr Exeweb got very upset when I tried to celebrate Diwali.

I do hope there won't be a similar misunderstanding this year.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Last year ECFC girl and Mr Exeweb got very upset when I tried to celebrate Diwali.

I do hope there won't be a similar misunderstanding this year.
I live in an area with quite a dense Hindu population, and not once in my 33 years on this planet have I ever seen them "celebrate Diwali" by getting swastikas out.

I suggest an instant ban by the admin of the site for people trying to be deliberately provocative. Shove that in your pipe etc.

StroudGrecian

I live in an area with quite a dense Hindu population, and not once in my 33 years on this planet have I ever seen them "celebrate Diwali" by getting swastikas out.

I suggest an instant ban by the admin of the site for people trying to be deliberately provocative. Shove that in your pipe etc.
Sorry Jason, I forgot you.

Jason got very upset too.

LOG

Why do you suppose that is? Serious question.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you suppose that is? Serious question.
Perhaps because it isn't that common a Hindu symbol in all reality?

Serious answer.

StroudGrecian

Perhaps because it isn't that common a Hindu symbol in all reality?

Serious answer.
Wrong answer. I can assure you that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.