• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lack of freedom of Speech

Ashecfc

I feel that posters cannot express thier opinions on this forum without get abuse and that is very sad.

I have been part of exeweb for a number of years now, although last season I didnt post much I only used exeweb for info and keeping up with current affairs so only went on exeweb every so often.

Since I have come back from my honeymoon (end of this Sept) I have been posting more, the very first thing I noticed was a thread about someone calling someone gay or something, another thread moaning how someone else called someone else a name, ECFC01 has start thier own thread on abuse towards them.

Someone is always moaning about someone else, this is a public forum and was created for ECFC fans to give thier opinions on ECFC, social events and so on....

Why do members feel the need to have ago at someone or message them or whatever just because other members dont share the same opinion?

NB: I understand naturally there will be a difference of opinion and therefore a friendly arguement will begin, which can be fun. In my opinion it just seems to me that things are getting a bit more OTT on here.

Thank you

PS I will step of the soap box now :)

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not really a freedom of speech issue. These days everyone seems to be free to insult everyone else. I blame the coalition. It wasn't like this before May.

You just have to roll with the punches, Ash.

Ashecfc

The title was was to catch peoples attention, perhaps then something has happened in my abscence and then maybe some needs to be sorted.

To be honest I am ok if someone wants to insult my then crack on and usually when i post I dont get too much abuse

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be honest I am ok if someone wants to insult my then crack on and usually when i post I dont get too much abuse
Then don't post sh*t like this on WoWs when there are half a dozen similar ones already running on the Development Forum.

FFS !

wemissmoxey

Then don't post sh*t like this on WoWs when there are half a dozen similar ones already running on the Development Forum.

FFS !
Chill out Big Boy otherwise I will have to come round and pour ice all over you.

Ashecfc

FFS !
Thank you for summing up my point, that is a typical responce that has come about. To be fair polts you have spout some sh*t in your time on exeweb. Im not making any claims that make great posts but i like to give my opinion with feeling intimidated as i say i dont care i am man enougth to take it but other may want to say something but have second thoughts maybe because of a reaction it might cause.

Poultice

Thank you for summing up my point,

other may want to say something but have second thoughts maybe because of a reaction it might cause.
You're welcome, but it doesn't alter the fact that some dislike it intensely when people make such unoriginal posts in the wrong forum, me, I couldn't give a sh*t how much drivel I have to ignore, there is enough of interest to keep me going, plus I can tell at a glance what will and what wont be worth reading, but sometimes, as with the OP, I do it anyway.

Anyone that isn't capable of taking a bit of grief when they post t*ss should find other outlets for their lack of talent

Poultice

See, I told ya.

'ere, Shirley this should be merged with one of the other sh*t threads on the same subject.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
********, shirley you should be merged with the bi-weekly east Devon recycling program.

Shirley you should be, unfortunately you're not.

To paraphrase:
Stop posting.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
If you have an a) stupid opinion or b) poorly backed-up opinion, people will tear you a new one. This seems pretty damn fair to me?

I come to blows with posters all the time, mainly because of my political leanings. However, people generally don't tear me apart because I put some damn effort into my posts and try and back up my view.

Also, freedom of speech isn't protected on the internet ;)