• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

betting against your team

35/1 on harley anytime and walsall 2-1. only bet a quid plus 4 on walsall at 6/4. does anyone else bet against their team?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont bet on Exeter matches regardless!

To much emotion involved!

Last edited:

Jersey Tone

35/1 on harley anytime and walsall 2-1. only bet a quid plus 4 on walsall at 6/4. does anyone else bet against their team?
I often bet on City games (had today's down as a draw after convincing myself that Walsall wouldn't beat us). You have to put emotions to one side. Really the side you follow/know best should be the best to bet on/against. I had City at 5/1 to beat Leeds last season....cleaned up in an accumulator!!

i violated a couple of golden rules in the jpt. betting on your team and it's rivals but got the turks/scum and city results right. delighted with a 35/1 shot though even though i wish i'd lost it!

Jersey Tone

i violated a couple of golden rules in the jpt. betting on your team and it's rivals but got the turks/scum and city results right. delighted with a 35/1 shot though even though i wish i'd lost it!
Lol, I know exactly what you mean!! The way I look at it, if I back Argyle to win and they get beat....it's money well spent!! I tell ya, when we play them in the JPT/League I'm going to lump a wedge on the Greens just to in case it goes tits up on the field.

may aswell make money out of your own misery!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Done it tonight. Got £10 on Brighton. Not gonna make a lot but it's sort of an insurance bet. Would take a point now though and lose the £10.

ecfc01

Done it tonight. Got £10 on Brighton. Not gonna make a lot but it's sort of an insurance bet. Would take a point now though and lose the £10.
how much did you win matey?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
how much did you win matey?
Not enough! Wanted to be all big about it and put £100 on as I thought it was nailed on we would lose but I bottled it and just did the £10. I have £15.73.

Pretty pointless really but all good.