• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeweb App?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think an exeweb app would be a great idea, i would certainly use the site more as i can't always access my home PC. and also it could be sold for 99p so there could be a bit of money made aswell.

what do you think?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given the Mr Exeweb was only recently talkng about giving up the running of the site because he didn't have the time, I doubt that he'd now want to put the effort into developing an app to save people the hassle of waiting until they can get to a computer.

Besides that, I recently asked if the forum was part of TouchBB or Tapatalk (apps that let you browse forums) and didn't receive much of a response.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also add in the fact that Exeweb isn't what it used to be. All the heroes have left and have been replaced with people who aren't fit to post on these boards.

wemissmoxey

Also add in the fact that Exeweb isn't what it used to be. All the heroes have left and have been replaced with people who aren't fit to post on these boards.
Good point,

people should forget the idea of an app, this site won't even be around in a few weeks unless the old heads come back.

ecfc01

is there a mobile site?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can go on exeweb via your mobile, but some mobile's have problem downloading it.

Fareham Grecian

Any smartphone should be able to cope with Exeweb no problem - there's no need for an 'app'. On my Nokia it's quicker and easier than a lot of sites.

Jordann

You can go on exeweb via your mobile, but some mobile's have problem downloading it.
I can get it on my BlackBerry, but it does take a while and never saves my login, which frustrates me to no end.

greenawayr

For those interested there is an app.

The forum is powered by vBulletin, and look this up on the app store and you will find a vBulletin forum browser app.

I assume you just stick in the exeweb address and away you go. I've not used it and looking at the reviews it's had problems with compatibility with some forums so if anyone wants to potentially waste £1.19 then go for it. There's a read before you buy page here (http://www.forumsproapp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=2) if Mr Exeweb would be so kind as to say whether the site runs on any of the languages mentioned here!

Grecian_Jay

I can read Exeweb on my phone but have never been able to log in. Always says incorrect password etc when I know it is correct. Odd one but nothing that is gonna keep me up at night.