• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

£250 free. Best free bet EVER!

Poulticedale

I've been using free bet sites for a while now, and enjoy nicking a few quid with the odd £25 freebie etc.

However without doubt this is the biggest I've come across as yet (check out "free bet of the month" on the right). I've already cashed out my £250 by hedging it on the exchanges. So easy, £250 in pocket. Nice.

http://www.freebiebets.com/

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can you explain a bit more as im a bit thick

Poulticedale

You're not being thick Heathy. I notice they've now changed it to £100 free - probably because I kept telling everyone to sign up to it...

However, £100 is £100. Here's how I cashed my bonus out, you can do the same:

Deposit £100, giving you the £100 bonus. You now have £200, but you won't be able to withdraw this. SO You want to lose it (bear with me).

Next up, find a long shot (I suggest odds of 3.50 or greater) where the odds on Betfair and Titanbet are roughly similar.

Back it for £200 on Titanbet; lay it for £200 on Betfair.

Hopefully it won't come in. If it doesn't, you've cashed out your £100 bonus, as you will now have the full £200 in Betfair.

If the long shot does come in, you are ok but may have to repeat the process to get the money out. This is why I suggest trying to pick something that really won't happen for the first bet...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
But, assuming your bet loses, you'll only pocket the amount equivalent to your original bet if it's priced at evens or less on Betfair.

If, as you suggest, you lay a 3.5 shot for £200 on Betfair it will cost you £500 if it wins.

Last edited:

Sandstorm

Been around for years ##URL REMOVED##/showthread.php?t=325861

Quite a laugh taking money from Bookies for nowt and not even gambling!

Made about £600 doing this a couple of years ago and going through all the bookies. Make sure you set yourself up with a separate bank account and credit card from your everyday ones so as not to risk credit ratings, etc a\nd always have scanned copies of your passport/driving license ready when you have to argue with Bookies.

Not "easy" money but it is free :)

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Sandstorm

Argh! Damn URL block..

http:// forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=325861

join together :)

When you make a bet with a bookmaker, you place a stake on an event at particular odds. For example if you were to put £10 on a bet on Team A winning a football match at 2/1 (decimal odds 3.0), if you were to win the bet you would receive a total of £30 back, i.e. your stake of £10 plus the bookie’s £20. However if you lost, the bookie would gain your £10 and you would receive back nothing.

Now imagine you as the bookmaker. In this case you could also offer the same odds to someone for the same outcome (team A to win the match), gaining £10 if the punter loses, but risking £20 of your own money. This is known as 'laying' a bet.

So if you were both to bet on the event and act as a bookmaker at the same time, something interesting happens: whatever the outcome, the bet side and the lay side of the bet cancel out completely:

Outcome 1 (bet won - Team A wins):

You win £30, i.e. your stake of £10 plus £20 profit.
Bookmaker loses £20

If you are both the punter and the bookmaker, your total profit is:
(£30-£10) - £20 = £0

Outcome 2 (bet lost - Team A does not win (draws or loses))

You lose £10, i.e. your stake.
Bookmaker gains £10,

If you are both the punter and the bookmaker, your total profit is:

£10 - £10 = £0

So you can see that in both cases, both the lay and the bet cancel each other out. You neither lose nor gain money.

Obviously this is useless for normal betting, but it is extraordinarily useful when going after bookmaker’s bonuses, as it allows you to place a completely risk free qualifying bet on any event you can both bet on and lay a bet on. And then if you repeat the same thing with a free bet stake, you will always magically come out with a profit that is roughly equal to the free bet stake – you can prove this to yourself by working out the profit and loss on both sides of a free bet. Taking the same odds as an example and assuming a £10 free bet.
Outcome 1 (Team A wins):

You bet the free bet of £10 at 3.0. Return is £30 with no outlay to you. On the lay side, your loss is £20, as before. Thus overall profit = £30 - £20 = £10.

Outcome 2 (bet lost - Team A loses or draws)

Your loss on the bet side is zero (as the bet was free). You gain the punter's stake of £10 on the lay side.

So regardless of the outcome, you have made £10.

Now in practice this is rarely quite as neat as the example. To lay bets, you use betting exchanges, and these generally never offer lay odds which are the same as those at bookies. Also there is a commission of between 1% to 5% payable on winnings at the bet exchange. Even so, it’s easy to use the technique to qualify for a free bet with a very small loss, and then to match out most of the free stake money without any risk at all.

The other slight complication is that sometimes free bet offers do not return the stake with winnings. This alters the calculations a little, but you can still make guaranteed money by looking for events with relatively high odds (above 7.0) and a close match for a lay. You should be able to clear about 75% of the free bet amount.

Last edited:

Jersey Tone

But, assuming your bet loses, you'll only pocket the amount equivalent to your original bet if it's priced at evens or less on Betfair.

If, as you suggest, you lay a 3.5 shot for £200 on Betfair it will cost you £500 if it wins.
But won't you win the £500 on TitanBet therefore breaking even? If on the other hand it loses you get your £200 on Betfair without having to play through your TitanBet bonus??

Must be honest, I'm not sure I've understood this correctly. More than happy to be educated!!