• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Hay vs Audley Harrison

ecfc01

Cant wait for this one !

WBA heavyweight world champion David Haye promised to finish Audley Harrison's career after it was confirmed on Tuesday that the two British fighters would clash in Manchester on November 13.

More StoriesHaye mocks 'Fraudley' in Twitter jibe
Klitschko: Haye is 'afraid'
.."I don't believe Audley deserves a world title fight but fortunately for me there are enough people in Britain who want to see him get annihilated," said Haye, who defended his title against John Ruiz this year having beaten giant Russian Nikolai Valuev.

"The public want to finally close the curtain on the joke that is the Audley Harrison show...I want to see him stretched out for a final time."

Southpaw Harrison, 38, has never lived up to the hype after his Olympic gold medal at the 2000 Sydney Games and he had become something of a joke figure in boxing circles until a stunning last-gasp knockout of Michael Sprott in April to win the European heavyweight title.

"I'm ecstatic to get a shot at the heavyweight title," Harrison said. "I've tasted his power and punching in training and he never hurt me. Ten years on from my Olympic title I will shock the world."

The clash between the two Londoners is likely to become one of the biggest-grossing fights staged in Britain and Haye and Harrison upped the ante in their news conference.

Sky Sports News had to stop their live television coverage at one point as both boxers traded expletives.

Clearly rattled by Haye's remarks, Harrison attempted to get in the last word. "My left hand will at some point land on your chin," he said.

Former cruiserweight world champion Haye, 29, has lost just one of his 25 professional fights.

"Watching him get carried out on a stretcher for the final time is exactly what I want to see. I'm going to break him down and embarrass him," Haye said.

Ian_Woodward

Pathetic fight, haye should be fighting way better standard.

ecfc01

Really i like Harrison and i think he will shock us by putting up a good fight.

Amir Khan is simply the legend and its a shame he will never get to fight all these big shots

Ian_Woodward

Really i like Harrison and i think he will shock us by putting up a good fight.

Amir Khan is simply the legend and its a shame he will never get to fight all these big shots
Harrison is nowhere near hayes level, a past it sprott managed to dominate him for 12rnds. He's gonna get smashed.

Khan is quality but his division is stacked full of quality fighters

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great pay day for both of them, little retirement fund for Audley and easy money for Haye, I am so pleased I dumped Sky.

Jim Shepherd

Both on BBC Breakfast at the moment, talking like tw*ts.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Both on BBC Breakfast at the moment, talking like tw*ts.
Must be hard to tell the difference between them and the presenters then.......with you eyes shut.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haye hasn't got the balls to fight anyone decent, Harrison is just a very poor boxer with the odd big punch. One of the most average fights ever to suffer the Sky hype.