• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Closure of thread

Poulticedale

Genuinely just out of interest, why was the Adam Stansfield 1978-2010 thread locked?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Because it is..................

Next

Tada

Poulticedale

Surely it should be "because it was..."?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
i think it was because they felt it was time too and it is going to be published in the next two weeks

Tada

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
All turning a bit odd recently. I understand closing threads if there is a duplicate, deliberate trolling or if it turns into abuse. But there have been a few strange decisions recently. Perhaps something is going on that we don't know about/see.

SennockianGrecian

Sorry, as I'm new I don't know if you can / how to get a quote from anothe thread, but basically, here it is:

"The Adam Stansfield 1978-2010 thread has now been closed. EXEWEB have kindly made the amendements so it now includes just the heartfelt messages and thoughts from all exewebbers.

The aim of this is for the family to have a permanent memory in the style of a book to show how much Adam meant to so many. I hope it will last as a permanent memory not just to Marie and his parents but to the children as well so they can look back in future years to see what an inspiration their father was to soo many.

As we stand, I have a printing firm working on the compilation but cannot put a timescale on it, hopefully for Saturday but will not rush it as I wish to ensure it is correct.

There may be an option for copies to be available for individuals to buy, with all proceeds going to the family. Once I have a price and details from the printers on this then I will let all know to see if there is interest for people wishing to purchase.

I will keep you all updated....

Regards

Chris"

- Hope that helps

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Makes a lot more sense now. Thanks

SDRighton

Yeah I was a little confused by this, but it makes sense, thanks SG.

Where was that posted by the way?

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yeah thanks for that SG. Makes sense to me too. Where was that written?
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41004

exeweb

Administrator
The thread will be restored once Chris is finished.