• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mohammad Asif is currently ranked

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
second best test bowler in the world !

I was amazed when I saw this.

It shows that you can still perform on the world stage even if you are only a medium pacer.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There is a dearth of absolute top quality bowlers right now, I'm not surprised he is ranked 2nd as he is very good.

The mighty Grecian

Swanny is third in the rankings I think

Asif's current bowling average is less than 25 that is extra ordinary these days where there are so many flat pitches

I think he will be taken out of the rankings for good , if as looks likely he gets a life time ban from International cricket .

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
we shall wait and see. looks possible though. tragic bit is Amir. Obviously roped into it because people who he should be able to look up to and learn from are all corrupt as anything so he had essentially no option. Hope he doesn't get more than a year or 2 ban. butt & asif should rot if this is all true.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a dearth of absolute top quality bowlers right now, I'm not surprised he is ranked 2nd as he is very good.
Anderson, Swann, Broad: maybe not the absolute top quality bowlers, but a very useful attack. Finn is shaping up well, too.

heathy1

second best test bowler in the world !

I was amazed when I saw this.

It shows that you can still perform on the world stage even if you are only a medium pacer.
Had a flutter on that a while back cant believe it came in!

wemissmoxey

Anderson, Swann, Broad: maybe not the absolute top quality bowlers, but a very useful attack. Finn is shaping up well, too.
I personally think Swann and Finn will be ok in Aus, not sure about Anderson, if it's not swinging he offers very little.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I personally think Swann and Finn will be ok in Aus, not sure about Anderson, if it's not swinging he offers very little.
Correct. Anderson will struggle in Australia is he is just a one trick pony, who in conditions that dont suit him is utter dross