• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City to beat Ipswich - only 2/1

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interestingly, Paddy Power is only offering 2/1 on us to beat Ipswich, would have thought that was too short to bother with. Ipswich are 11/10 to beat us with the draw - the best bet - at 12/5.

Impossible to call Carling Cup games as you never know what teams the managers will put out. I would have thought that Ipswich's first result and fixture is definitely in our favour. Two long trips in a few days and the faint whiff of promotion for them after an away win against title favourites Boro may well encourage them to rest a couple of key players.

Our recent Cup record suggests we won't beat them and the gap between the two divisions has been underlined by the results of the relegated teams from the Championship this weekend. For me our only hope is if they don't play a full-strength defence.

All of this makes it a fascinating fixture and we should not be written off despite all of the above.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Stick your mortgage on the streak continuing.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Murmurings on Twitter from apparently reliable-ish sources, such as the BBC and Ipswich paper, that their team will consist in the main of first and second year academy youngsters.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Murmurings on Twitter from apparently reliable-ish sources, such as the BBC and Ipswich paper, that their team will consist in the main of first and second year academy youngsters.
Easier or harder then? Can go both ways. Bunch of kids running around all over the place trying to impress could be harder to play against. Plus does this mean Connor Wickham will play? Next big thing apparently.

Parklife

Plus does this mean Connor Wickham will play? Next big thing apparently.
Last heard he was out until September with an injury picked up pre-season.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matty Taylor 2-2 scorecast - 225/1. I fancied 50p on it for tonight's game. Other 50p went on Carlos Edwards scoring first at 25/1, only to learn he is out for a couple months so at least I'll get 50p back!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
For some reason, our odds have been reduced from 2/1 to 15/8. Ipswich's have lengthened to 5/4. How do they work these things out and what's the rationale? Roy Keane's injury list must ave something to do with it. Betting on Ipswich is the third most popular bet on PP today. I wouldn't be that confident and I bet half those betting on that have never seen us play even on TV.

Last edited: