• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter bets 10/11

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
For anyone out there who likes a flutter and fancies City this season.

Good value on us finishing above Tranny - Evens.

City to beat Colchester 7/4, I thought that was excellent, I do fancy us and think Colchester are gonna slip down big time.

These were both with William Hill.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think 7/4 against Col U is a good price, but evens for a season long bet isn't worth it unless your staking serious money

angelic upstart

7/4 at home is a great price for a City win.

I urge everyone to bet on that one.

Jersey Tone

7/4 at home is a great price for a City win.

I urge everyone to bet on that one.
Too late unless you've already done it, they're now 6/4 with pretty much everyone including Betfair (2.52). Still a good price though when you think that our home form is good and Colchester finished poorly last season.

Interestingly enough most bookies expect us to take the drop, which surprises me slightly because we finished last season quite well (we were very difficult to beat) and Tis has apparently strengthened the squad.

Grecian_Jay

Think 7/4 against Col U is a good price, but evens for a season long bet isn't worth it unless your staking serious money
My thinking is if I put £200 in asavings account, will it return £400 in 9 months? No, and personally I don't see us finishing below Tranny so am pretty confident.

Obviously a big risk but what bet isn't.

Grecian_Jay

Also done a sneaky £3 on Exeter and Torquay gettiing promoted as a double.

Isn't gonna happen but think both will have good seasons and it pays a good return.

Pete Martin (CTID)

My mate has put a fiver on each of City to win L1 at 80/1 and to get promoted via the play-offs at 25/1.

Nothing is impossible!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The handicap bet at 18/1 with 32 points I thought was interesting. Must have some potential?

Grecian_Jay

The handicap bet at 18/1 with 32 points I thought was interesting. Must have some potential?
How many were we adrift last season? I expect us to get at least 10 more points this season so if it was 40 or under I would take that bet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How many were we adrift last season? I expect us to get at least 10 more points this season so if it was 40 or under I would take that bet.
We finished with 51 points and Norwich finished top with 95. I would expect Southampton to have a similar points haul this coming season. So it looks like it might be worth sticking a fiver on.