• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Multis - are they really a problem?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
We all have our suspicions who they are and they are against the Exeweb rules, but do they really do any harm?

Discuss, if you want to.

They are scum who must be hunted down and destroyed.

The only good multi is a dead multi.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Multis are sad, misanthropic individuals who usually use their many fictious aliases to peddle the same, myopic, tedious sad old carp in the hope to convince the unwitting that this might actually be general consensus*....FACT

*This ESPECIALLY applies to the sad old Scum and Turkeys attempts at multi-ism on our fair EW [n]

Phil Sayers

Depends on the nature of the multi to my mind.

Most are just harmless joke accounts which add to the forum I feel.

Some are used by regular posters to deliver news or rumours without their 'sources' being identifiable which is again fine.

Some are used by regular posters to deliver 'Tisdale out' etc rants which they don't want to be attributed to their nomal account for whatever reason. Seems to me a cowardly way to do it but not a problem per se.

What is a problem is the likes of the WMM / Smokey double act where the sole purpose is to make his negative views seem like they are more commonly held than they actually are. This sort of thing has happened frequently in the past and as it serves no productive purpose (not to mention being incredibly sad) I believe such accounts should be banned whenever identified.

Red the Paper

Banned
They are boring. I was Chuckles and myself. Both are no longer used.

It is obvious who WMM and Smokey are

Oli

Sometimes amusing on Social Club, should not be allowed on WoWS.

KingBilly

C'mon guys, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread. Like I said in the opening post - we all have our suspicions who they are and they are against the Exeweb rules, but do they really do any harm?

Discuss, if you want to.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
:D

That might fool some people, but not me.

I agree with Phil and Oli, BTW.

StroudGrecian

I'd like to agree with Phil, just like I always do.

Phil's the best.

StixUK

I'm too thick and not analytical enough to bother wasting my life trying to identify who is a multi and who isn't?!?!? If you cannot express a view yourself then you are a coward and obviously don't want to be held accountable for what you write.

Obviosuly, if it means protecting identity to release an important ECFC announcement that is a different matter...