• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Pakistan Test match Series

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It starts this Thursday at Trent Bridge
I'm not going to any of the matches
I may pop along to Taunton when Pakistan are there.
Kevin Pieterson is expected to be back for the 4 match series.
Bopahra is expected to be called up
The squad is going to be annonced this morning

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It starts this Thursday at Trent Bridge
I'm not going to any of the matches
I may pop along to Taunton when Pakistan are there.
Kevin Pieterson is expected to be back for the 4 match series.
Bopahra is expected to be called up
The squad is going to be annonced this morning
I have day 4 & 5 tickets for the Oval if the game is still going on by then. The Oval test against the Pakistanis last time had the added intrigue of the alleged ball tampering incident.

KP was underperforming before his injury and needs to raise his game.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So it starts today. Will pass the time here in the office.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will be watching it all morning & listening to it on R4 long wave.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
very good day for england , Morgan and Colly steady the ship...

Morgan's knock was top notch...

KP needs some runs and fast , why isnt he playing any county cricket or at least some some sort of cricket , he comes into test matches with no form at all behind him.

Alistair20000

very good day for england , Morgan and Colly steady the ship...

Morgan's knock was top notch...

KP needs some runs and fast , why isnt he playing any county cricket or at least some some sort of cricket , he comes into test matches with no form at all behind him.
KP has never seemed particularly keen to turn out for Hampshire in recent years. England asked for him to play a 40 over game for Hampshire prior to the Test but they did not want to disturb their one day squad particularly as KP had made it abundantly clear he would not renew his contract with Hampshire when it expires this year. Too far to travel down from his home in Chelsea. He has played one match for Hampshire this year and when interviewed after it did not even know anything about Chris Wood a 19 year old teammate ! Despite all this Hampshire offerred him a place in the seconds to play a 3 day game which would be a better prep than a 40 over game before the Test. KP refused this offer. Counties do support England but there must be some give and take and KP did not do much giving.

Thanks Kev you are a hugely talented player but not a team man; goodbye.

Last edited:

crocks

Agree, time for KP to have some time out in the stiffs and discover a bit of form. King Morgan is on the throne now.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
FIGJAM wasn't even considered for selection for Hampshire's 2nd XI. They have washed their hands of him.

Alistair20000

FIGJAM wasn't even considered for selection for Hampshire's 2nd XI. They have washed their hands of him.
Jase

The Hampshie captain Dominic Cork stated on Tuffers radio show that KP had been offerred a slot in the 2nd XI as a warm up for the test. I have no reason to believe he would be lying.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, makes you right - on TMS yesterday they were slating FIGJAM for not taking them up on it and spending time in the middle, although Vaughan tried to defend him.