• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Alex Higgins

les.gtfc

A snooker legend who helped transform the game in the 70's.

RIP Hurricane.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jul/24/alex-higgins-hurricane-dies-cancer

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was wondering. Now he's dead, does the Hurricane nickname go with him or can it be recycled to be used as a weather-based nickname for a living snooker player? There aren't that many which are any good, after all...

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was wondering. Now he's dead, does the Hurricane nickname go with him or can it be recycled to be used as a weather-based nickname for a living snooker player? There aren't that many which are any good, after all...
Most of todays's top players would have beaten Alex Higgins more often than not. The game has moved on.

This thread is duplicating another to some degree.

les.gtfc

Not wishing to be picky, but I think you'll find it's the other thread duplicating this one actually.

Langer

Most of todays's top players would have beaten Alex Higgins more often than not. The game has moved on.

Means nothing i expect Ronaldo is better than George Best a legend is a legend something you have sadley missed.