• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

A wee problem...

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
This site is currently 'enjoying' some idiot dumping data in the threads with whatever nefarious intention they may have. I have seen it and would like to alert the site to it. Problem is, I'm not that web forum savvy and have absolutely no means of figuring out how I contact the site. Call me stoopid. Any chance of making things a little easier? Similar forums using the same software have a red triangle you can click to contact the site team [see consumer action group] and it'll be picked up. Any chance of tweeking the software to adapt this system? Just curious...

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see david jenkin is on tonight, he'll get something done!

PeteUSA

Well david jenkin WAS on when I posted. Looks like the offending material will stay there until tomorrow morning now, although I see the poster has been banned.

Predictably, the contact website doesnt work. (Not, I hasten to add, that I wanted to buy anything).

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Below all the username information (location; number of posts etc.) is a little red triangle ;) Use it to report a post to a moderator :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, the little hazard warning triangle should appear just below the poster's profile.

The software is usually pretty good at picking up Spambots, and automatically bans them, but sometimes they can leave a bit of a trail. Anyway it's all cleared up now, I believe!

LOG

I see david jenkin is on tonight, he'll get something done!
I expect someone reported a post and got him out of bed.

Fareham Grecian

This site is currently 'enjoying' some idiot dumping data in the threads with whatever nefarious intention they may have.
Strange coincidence that PeteUSA was the first person to respond to this thread about idiots dumping date in the threads... :)

Antony Moxey

When I saw Rae's thread title all I could think of was Tena Lady......

:$

PeteUSA

Strange coincidence that PeteUSA was the first person to respond to this thread about idiots dumping date in the threads... :)
I'm sure theres some humour in there, judging by the smiley thing, but I think I'm missing the point. Care to expand?

Fareham Grecian

I'm sure theres some humour in there, judging by the smiley thing, but I think I'm missing the point. Care to expand?
Some might say you are an idiot who frequently dumps data in the threads...

Obviously I wouldn't be one of them