• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England v Bangladesh

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant belive it starts this Thursday
Its come around really quick
I will record some on Thursday as i am at school but Friday finish at 1pm so ideal
Bring it on!
And i am looking forward to going to Edgebaston for England v Bangladesh ODI on 12th July :D i will be doing a sicky from school :-#

happy harry

Cant belive it starts this Thursday
Its come around really quick
I will record some on Thursday as i am at school but Friday finish at 1pm so ideal
Bring it on!
And i am looking forward to going to Edgebaston for England v Bangladesh ODI on 12th July :D i will be doing a sicky from school :-#
that not fair greg i have to go to school lol.

have fun mate.

rich13

Going to the odi at Bristol, they have discounted the tickets massively because of the sh*t opposition

The mighty Grecian

well Eoin Morgan will be making his debut on Thursday V Bangladesh and Paul Collingwood rested along with Stuey Broad

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately I cannot get too excited about this series.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately I cannot get too excited about this series.
I said to the chauffuer that we will be back by lunch time!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Bangladesh's competitiveness rests on whether Shakib will have got over his chicken pox in time to play.

Gin Trap

Was thinking about going to one of the days of the bangladesh games as my mate said tickets were still availble but left it too late with trains etc so just going to watch it on the box now.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bangladesh's competitiveness rests on whether Shakib will have got over his chicken pox in time to play.
Tamim Iqbal isn't fully fit either which will hamper them a bit, he was class in the 2nd Test in Dhaka a couple of months ago. I hope they make a game of it, as they have some good young players, but the pitches over here will be a lot less to their liking then they were out there

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tamim Iqbal isn't fully fit either which will hamper them a bit, he was class in the 2nd Test in Dhaka a couple of months ago. I hope they make a game of it, as they have some good young players, but the pitches over here will be a lot less to their liking then they were out there
Yes, hadn't noticed about Tamim, but he looks a decent player too.

Bangladesh need to take heart from the fact that they are, slowly but surely, becoming more competitive. As long as they start to establish some continuity (signs are they have realised this) they can start to do well.

I guess the issue at the time they were granted Test status was that they weren't really considered "next in line" - at the time one could have thought Kenya were more worthy, and that Bangladesh's elevation was more political than sporting. They will be fine eventually, one has to consider the length of time it took India, Pakistan and New Zealand to establish themselves.