• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v. The Chiefs

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that, with nearly 8,500 fans at the park today for a crunch relegation decider, the Chiefs in an equally important and historic game for them, could only muster 4,549 and that obviously included Bedford fans too.

If the Chiefs do go up, it will be interesting to say how many they get at Shandy Park then, excluding away followings.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Quite suprising really, especially as the people at Chiefs were expecting a lot more than that. They were expecting a near sell-out, and to only get 4,549 is very dissapointing tbh.

I will still go to the home final though. So many near misses, could this finally be their year?

Antony Moxey

If the Chiefs do go up, it will be interesting to say how many they get at Shandy Park then, excluding away followings.
Not as many as they hope or think they'll get. They're too busy pricing everyone out of the ground.

heathy1

Rugby is so dull its not suprising people went to the football, the equivalent of going mental at the rugby is holding your beer hand in the air, its not much better at Twickenham

Grecian2K

could only muster 4,549 and that obviously included Bedford fans too.
Interestingly, our LOWEST gate this year was a whopping 4,106 - and that was for a rearranged midweek game against a side who had to come almost all the way from f*cking Scotland!!!

Despite their smug self-satisfaction even the pompous rugger-buggers at the parc-de-shandy must realise that, despite their Prem dreamy-dreams when it comes to the crunch, and the "big games" clash, SJP is STILL the place to be!!!

Sanctimoniously yours

G2k

(PS & Whats the betting that, in a couple of years, THEY'LL be rattling the begging bowls for us to share the cost of their expensive (& half empty) monument of the chasing of eggs?)

angelic upstart

Out of interest how many many people can fit into the rugby ground?

A377 Lad

Rugby Union domestically isn't very well supported at all.

I think the Chiefs can hold 10k?

RHINO

According to the E&E last weeek they were predicting sporting fever hits Exeter with 19,000 people expecting to watch Football and Rugby this Weekend, we held up our side of the bargain, how come the Chiefs got it so amazingly wrong!!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not as many as they hope or think they'll get. They're too busy pricing everyone out of the ground.
This is the reason, it's bloody expensive to get in up there and people are voting with their wallets, good old Mr. Rowe! :cool:

I remember back in the day at the County Ground walking up to the gate with my Dad and the old gateman letting me in for free.

The cost of progress eh?!

LammieLammieLammie

How much does it cost to get into the chiefs now?