• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Manchester United FA cup 3rd round (replay) SIGNED BY RONALDO!

THEMIGHTYDOOFUS

hey,
I'm a gateman at St James' Park and have been since 2003. On that fateful night in January 2005, me and my stepdad (Joe) turned up ready to work on the gate for the match. The office said "We've got everyone we need, so go and enjoy the atmosphere and the game". This made our night even better as we walked around an eiree St James' Park an hour before one of the most anticipated games in the club's history. Whilst loitering around the stagecoach family stand, who was to walk down the steps but Peter Schmeichel! who was off to the match of the day box... "excuse me sir, can i have a picture?" I croaked. "yea sure mate" he replied as i shook his ENORMOUS hand! So he signed my programme for me and i was on my way... Next up on the trail was a young Dean Moxey. Again, "can i have a picture please" so the same followed and HE signed my programme too. The same conversation happened moments later with a young Gareth Sheldon, Wayne O'Sullivan and James Bitter (who have all gone on to much greater things!). So as we walked up the away terrace, we got to the large red gate where the AWAY team were about to enter... There we were, me, Joe and Dave the steward, stood in anticipation of who would come through first. Who should it be but the bright purple face of Sir Alex Ferguson! The next few minutes after that were very extraordinary, with the familiar faces of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and 'the Neville brothers'. I was just itching to get their autographs but i was a bit too intimidated. last of all was Cristiano Ronaldo, I wanted his autograph very badly but again, i was too intimidated so i hesitated. Then from out of nowhere Joe burst passed me and grabbed my programme and pen and thrust them at Ronaldo saying "can i have your autograph mate" in a very strong (but appropriate) Devonshire accent! "NO", said the rather large bodyguard. but even whilst being prodded past us Ronaldo stopped and looked at Joe with his acne-ridden face and said "ok". so he quickly scribbled down his name over the picture of Alex Inglethorpe on page 3...
So judging on the attitude of the bodyguards, I'm going to assume that my programme was the only one signed by Ronaldo that night... and guess what? Its for SALE! so if you have any offers, then please leave a message and i'll do my best to get back to you!

Grecian1966

Will you be donating say 50% to the Pitch fund or is it for purely personal gain? If the former I will make an offer if the latter well not.

Fred

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It sounds a very plausible (and interesting) story, but how does anyone know if its authentic? I wouldnt mind bidding, but I'm the cautious type.

Grecians4Eva

Grecian1966 (or is it Idi Amin?): Give the kid a break! He's just trying to sell a programme.
So, for how long have you been donating 50 per cent of your income to the Pitch Fund? You haven't? Well, long live dictators!

THEMIGHTYDOOFUS

yea, it's a true story. I've got photo's of me with Peter Schmeichel and Dean Moxey on the night, I also have pictures of when i was standing at the away end (united players walking in the ground).

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How much are you asking for this program then? Whats you're lowest, as it were?

THEMIGHTYDOOFUS

I'm open to offers...