• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Take me out to the Ballpark.....

Jim Shepherd

America's pastime has begun once again. Great Yankees/Red Sox series to kick off the regular season and another 159 games to go before the play offs.

Not much of a clue about the nuances involved but just love watching it and getting a fix of stats.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Batter up !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was the sport I watched most of (on TV anyway) when I was living in the US - my first host "Father" was a Braves fan, and all their games were screened on the TBS channel, so I got right into it.

Now I have ESPN I may dip into it from time to time on nights when the insomnia is kicking in big time.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not much of a clue about the nuances involved but just love watching it and getting a fix of stats.
Americans love their stats!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Americans love their stats!!
Only 63.8% of them do ....

Do love Baseball though - big Mets fan - seen them both in NY & LA ...

Havent been to a live game in years but will arrange next trip there around some good baseball...

beepbeepImaJeep

Don't get me wrong I like baseball. I'm headed to a game this week... but I've always found playing almost 200 games a year is a bit overkill. If somebody has season tickets, 8/10 they are retired. lol.

go blue jays!

Last edited:

Jim Shepherd

Approx 25 games to go in the regular season now.

AL races look more or less done although I think the Yankees and Rays have to play a series soon.
NL is far closer.

Yankees look pretty good the last couple of weeks and have injured players to come back too.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
The sweep of Boston by the White Sox is more or less the final nail in the coffin of their heroic efforts to fight off the absurd catalogue of injuries which have afflicted the team this season, & secure an unlikely wild card berth :(

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Very close in NL East, the Braves just ahead of the Phillies for ages now.

Jim Shepherd

Very close in NL East, the Braves just ahead of the Phillies for ages now.
And after last night the Phillies are ahead.

NY currently on the wrong end of a home sweries against the distinctly average Orioles. Lost 2 and behind in the 3rd.

Tampa not jumped on the chance to catch up though.

Yankees vs Rays in 2 weeks time a big 4 games in that division