• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lobster Claw VS Northants Grecian £100

Lobster Claw

I believe i am 5 appearances ahead with 8 games to go, Do you agree Northants? Also shall we donate the £100 ( The loser of course) to the Pitching in fund rather than the Trust!!!

Bet was `Who would make the most appearances/start in the season out of Richard Duffy and Steve Tully`!!!

I put my money on Duffy as i thought he would walk it, however Steve Tully has proved me completely wrong this year and looks more comfortable in this league than the one below, so even if i do win the bet, i would like to apologise to Steve as i gave him some harsh critisism at the start of the campaign.

Saint James witnessed this bet and i gave him my personal details and wordto honour it!!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For those who dont know the background behind the bet, pls see the thread below ... Lobster may have apologised now but I felt he was out of order and I was willing to take up his bet.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32304

For some reason our bit about the bet has been taken out but yes Duffy is ahead - but not as clear as you state. Duffy has played 36 times, Tully 33 times.
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/Appearances/0,,10436~200910436,00.html

I should have doubled or nothing on your other prediction that Sercs would play more games than Tully this year.

I have not made any commitment to Pitch In yet for this very reason but I will be sending £100 to Saint James should I need to ...

Lobster Claw

I think your comments are reasonable to a point!! I did feel Tully was weak last year and a really didnt think he had it in him to step up, along with a lot of other people, therefore i was wrong!

Duffy 36 Tully 33 By that you are taking subs where i thought the bet stated starts! Like you say that bit has been taken out! Saint James may have the info but i will except whatever judgement he passes!

At least whoever losses will be paying money to the club one way or another so thats a good thing!!!

And one last thing, I certainly wont be slating Tully again, well done Steve for an excellent season!!

Red the Paper

Banned
How much time has each been on the pitch?

Saint James

I think your comments are reasonable to a point!! I did feel Tully was weak last year and a really didnt think he had it in him to step up, along with a lot of other people, therefore i was wrong!

Duffy 36 Tully 33 By that you are taking subs where i thought the bet stated starts! Like you say that bit has been taken out! Saint James may have the info but i will except whatever judgement he passes!

At least whoever losses will be paying money to the club one way or another so thats a good thing!!!

And one last thing, I certainly wont be slating Tully again, well done Steve for an excellent season!!
LC (Matt) I applaud you for taking it on the chin regards Tully. Many people (myself included) thought your comments at the time to be somewhat unfair to Tulls. You have come out and held your hand up - not easy to accept such things on Exeweb! I would see the bet as being made on starts - however, in reality LC I think the fact the Tully has played almost as many games as Duffy proves the point and wins the bet! I will leave it to someones conscience as to honouring the bet but I will gladly take £100 payable to 'Pitch in for City' sent via the Club address for my attention.
Tony

Lobster Claw

LC (Matt) I applaud you for taking it on the chin regards Tully. Many people (myself included) thought your comments at the time to be somewhat unfair to Tulls. You have come out and held your hand up - not easy to accept such things on Exeweb! I would see the bet as being made on starts - however, in reality LC I think the fact the Tully has played almost as many games as Duffy proves the point and wins the bet! I will leave it to someones conscience as to honouring the bet but I will gladly take £100 payable to 'Pitch in for City' sent via the Club address for my attention.
Tony
Thank you very much for your response! The bet was who will play the most games, so at the moment i am winning the bet and if Duffy does play more games than Tulls, im sure Northants will honour paying as he stated in his response to this thread!! I do think he has proved me wrong as i really thought i would walk this bet, but the fact remains that the player who plays/starts the least losses! Maybe if at the end they are involved in the same number of games we could then use the starts as a fall back decider!! What do you both think? ( Saint James and Northants)???

Lobster Claw

The way i see it now is that if Duffy plays one more game then the bet is over! With 3 games left Tuls cant start anymore than Duffy with Tully made up of more subs!!!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With 3 games to go, I can confirm that I have sent my £100 this afternoon to ECFCST for the Pitch In campaign.

Turns out we needed both players and that I was right in thinking that Tully was most certainly not the worst right back we have ever had - even with last Saturday's howler at Tranmere ...

Have sent a separate PM to St James with my receipt ...

Lobster Claw

Good sport Northants! Respect!

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
NG...again my hat comes off..Respect

tada