• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheltenham Festival

Yeovilgrecian

Anyone going? I will be there Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday throwing my money at a bunch of losers no doubt, but still one of the best sporting days out.

Martin Weiler

Can't go on Wednesday - City are at home.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a possible good value each way bet in the 2.05 at Cheltenham on Thursday if it runs. Buena Vista. I would describe it as the ECFC bet as:

1) It finds it very hard to win.

2) Its form contains a lot of noughts

3) It runs better when the ground dries up

4) It finished 2nd last year.

And more seriously it is trained by David Pipe and is well handicapped on its best form. Tempting if you can get say 20/1

Last edited:

Alistair20000

There is a possible good value each way bet in the 2.05 at Cheltenham on Thursday if it runs. Buena Vista. I would describe it as the ECFC bet as:

And more seriously it is trained by David Pipe and is well handicapped on its best form. Tempting if you can get say 20/1
Looks like he is declared but no jockey shown yet. 25/1 quoted.

Alistair20000

As this was the ECFC bet and we did the business last night I hope lots of you were on. Its just bolted up at 16/1

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great tip. Sadly I've only just seen it and backed Alfie Sherrin.

Incidentally, what a peach of a ride from Hadden Frost - his old man would have been proud of that one.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bleddy hell - that is what I call a tip. Thanks Ali-00.

Like Egg, I never bleedin' saw it due to my steely focus on WOWS for the Rovurz game.

Yeovilgrecian

Great tip. Sadly I've only just seen it and backed Alfie Sherrin.

Incidentally, what a peach of a ride from Hadden Frost - his old man would have been proud of that one.
It was great to see the old Pipe racing tactic of 'catch me if you can' how many winners did Martin have with that over the years.

Great tip Alistair, didn't do it, hope you did! I have now have bet on all 19 races at Cheltenham and I am on a 19 race losing streak........not even an each way has come in, this is my worst Cheltenham ever, thank God for a little touch at Hexham yesterday!

Off to the Gold Cup now, hoping for the a good start in the Triumph with Secant Star.

ecfc01

Just backed Tricky Trickster !

Come on horsy horsy !

brumgrecian

Just backed Tricky Trickster !

Come on horsy horsy !
Ditto - got him at 18s which I thought was a decent shout.

Also got a little on Calgary Bay at 66/1 - not much chance but always a bit of fun to have a big outsider.