• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 - Go, Go, Go!!!

Jim Shepherd

A couple of extra teams, albeit not particularly competitive.
The Brits v The Germans v The Red Bulls v Ferrari.
Controversy over technical innovations.
No refuelling.
More points and bigger differences to hopefully encourage a bit of daredevilness later on in races.

Looking forward to this.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I watched the first 20 seconds.

That's me done for another year then...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
ZZZZZ.

The bit that makes me laugh is that this is still referred to as a sport.

elginCity

Has the Iceman melted? No sign of him.

older-codger

Thought the new rules made it more of a procession than usual - very boring

Grumpy Grecian

exeweb.com friend
I watched the first 20 seconds.

That's me done for another year then...
Ditto

GG

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has the Iceman melted? No sign of him.
Competing for Citroen Junior Team in the World Rally Championship. Didn't get the money/seat he wanted and has never really enjoyed F1 so made the switch to a real mans sport.

Can all the usual "F1 is crap" lot just f*ck off? Pointless contributions to the thread and anyone who watches it has heard it all before. Same old carp is trolled out year after year and it's even more boring than the so called racing that is served up.

Missed the first race as was in Tenerife but Bahrain isn't a particularly great track anyway. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, think that it might be fairly open as there are a lot of decent drivers in decent cars to challenge. Most of the top teams don't have a definite number 1 driver yet and we'll have to wait to see who takes control at Ferrari/McLaren/Brawn etc.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Impressed with the virgin team.....fuel tank aint big enough to last a race..you couldnt make it up

Tada

Antony Moxey

Can all the usual "F1 is crap" lot just f*ck off? Pointless contributions to the thread and anyone who watches it has heard it all before. Same old carp is trolled out year after year and it's even more boring than the so called racing that is served up.
No. The contributions are not pointless at all. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of competitive motorsport in the world, yet NASCAR apart it really is the dullest.

The racing is minimal with overtakes at a premium. Race outcomes are decided on who has the best pit stop strategy, and when someone develops new bits the race is then contested in the courts. It becomes as laughable as the Americas Cup.

And then you have the pint sized twerp at the top - Bernie Ecclestone - bullying his way round the world whoring races to the highest bidder and f*ck the consequences to the traditional countries and tracks.

So yes, F1 is rubbish as a spectator sport. I can appreciate the speed, the technology, the skill of the drivers and all the work done at the factories to be the best that they can be, but watching all that is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Now take touring cars instead - British or World. Or rallying (from WRC to club events). Or the various one make series and all the way from GT racing right down to Clio Cup stuff. All of that is infinitely more exciting and competitive than F1. Bloody hell, even top fuel drag racing has more overtaking than F1.

It might be the richest, but that's probably to it's detriment as it's stifled the life out of it. Oh, and if everyone does f*ck off as you wish, I trust they'll do the same when we get the usual cliched jibes about poor man's rugby when NFL is mentioned or the rounders comments about baseball too.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. The contributions are not pointless at all. F1 is supposed to be the pinnacle of competitive motorsport in the world, yet NASCAR apart it really is the dullest.
Probably true, but you moaning about it won't change that so I really can't see the point in moaning.

And then you have the pint sized twerp at the top - Bernie Ecclestone - bullying his way round the world whoring races to the highest bidder and f*ck the consequences to the traditional countries and tracks.
Yeah but hopefully he'll be dead soon.

So yes, F1 is rubbish as a spectator sport. I can appreciate the speed, the technology, the skill of the drivers and all the work done at the factories to be the best that they can be, but watching all that is about as exciting as watching paint dry.
Then don't watch it.

Now take touring cars instead - British or World. Or rallying (from WRC to club events). Or the various one make series and all the way from GT racing right down to Clio Cup stuff. All of that is infinitely more exciting and competitive than F1. Bloody hell, even top fuel drag racing has more overtaking than F1.
The WRC is a shadow of what it used to be, 2 manufacturers and everyone in the wake of Loeb. There will probably be less winners in the WRC this year than there will be in F1. TV coverage is woeful and it seems that no one at North One productions actually understands what people want to see.

Drag racing on the other hand is an amazing sport to watch (not on the telly mind). Haven't been for ages but it's something special.

Anyway one make racing will always be the best, I remember as a kid watching the Minis or Formula Ford at Castle Combe, even in the heyday of the Super Tourer era of the BTCC the racing struggled to match some of that low budget stuff.

Oh, and if everyone does f*ck off as you wish, I trust they'll do the same when we get the usual cliched jibes about poor man's rugby when NFL is mentioned or the rounders comments about baseball too.
Well it would be nice wouldn't it? If you don't like people making comments like that then why make them yourself?