• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Cricket 2010

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
As the nights start getting longer, attention soon turns to the thud of leather on willow.

Our 2s nets start Sunday week, although the timing (12-1) this year clashes with my Footy - was much better last year, 9-10 meaning I could do that then go and play Footy later.

As for our league, we've had a bit of an influx of teams, which has meant sadly our 2s will have only 12 matches this season - last season with Div 4 having 8 teams, playing each other twice worked well, now we have 13 teams. Rather than mix and match a bit so the leagues were more even, they've kept Divs 1-3 with 16 teams.

As a result our 2s will finish on August 7, which is ridiculous. And with 7 of the 13 teams new to the league, it may well prove to be a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of team strength.

This year *may* be the last in which OIHCC plays in its current league - moves behind the scenes afoot to transfer over to the Thames Valley League for 2011. Some cracking clubs and grounds in that league.

newburygrecian

In particular Falkland, my local club. An utterly lovely ground.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the nights start getting longer,
Are you sure ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, yeah. I mean the days, natch. Although the nights do start drawing in not much more than a month into the league season!

Ian Sideman

In particular Falkland, my local club. An utterly lovely ground.
I scored a 100 at Falkland once, many years ago. Nice spot. I think we were on the final strip and it was only about 30 yards to the Pavilion boundary. Cracking place to play cricket. You're a lucky chap to play there NewburyG.

Last edited:

newburygrecian

Never played the game. I did spend a fair few summer Saturdays getting drunk in front of the clubhouse though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I had a net on Easter Sunday (no Footy that day!) and as a result now have my eye in for the season. Er, probably.

Getting quite excited - roll on May 8 (City will be safe by then so can concentrate on the Cricket...).

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Cricket starts this weekend , but with a backlog of football due to the weather il be lucky to be playing much before the end of may...

may try and sneak a couple sunday games in....

CREDYGRECIAN

In regards to Cricket , Sandford well me are looking for players to play in the Sunday first division of the North devon league , pretty decent standard against plenty of cricketers who player Saturday Premier/2nd X1 Premier cricket

Im skipper of the sunday first team this season , so for any good cricketers capable of playing in a decent standard and looking to join an excellent club with top quality facilities drop me a pm.

http://sandford.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp

CREDYGRECIAN

First game for me yesterday , legs and arms are sore today......

45 with the bat & 2-31 with the ball...

Nice start.